Woodworking Teacher Assistant
- Post Date:September 20, 2022
- Views 22
- Career Level OfficerExperience Less than 1 YearGender Male
- Industry EducationQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0922-03Location Kabul
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
The Turquoise Mountain Institute for Afghan Arts and Architecture (TMI) is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit vocational training institute established in 2006, providing high-quality training across four schools: calligraphy & miniature painting, woodworking, ceramics, and jewellery and gem cutting. The Institute is registered with the Afghan Technical and Vocational Education and Training Independent Authority- TVET-A and is also accredited with City & Guilds, a UK-based vocational training body. The Institute is funded by the Trust but is overseen by its own Board of Directors.
You are fully responsible to work under the direct supervision of Wood working teacher. He is responsible to prepare the workshop, study martials and check the machines before the class. He is responsible to facilitate the learning environment and implement classes based on the current curriculum. He must assist the teachers in teaching of classes to improve his teaching ability and manage classes based on academic standards. He must report all his class-related activities to the Head of Department and contribute to the activities of the Department as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the woodworking teacher and work under supervision of him.
- Report from the woodworking machinery in case of damaging or disordering
- Supervising the workshop in case of the woodworking teacher is absent
- Preparing the requirement raw materials for the carpentry subjects
- Semester based Checking and recording the tools and equipment of the workshop
- Record students’ final projects into department database
- Monitor students’ behavior during classes.
- Prepare and distribute material for classes.
- Keep record of teaching activities.
- Work on improving his own teaching and professional capacities.
- Responding to the supervisor from daily progression
- Preparing of daily, weekly, and monthly teaching plan under the supervision of woodworking teacher.
- Guide the students during the classes for improving their skills and ingenuity.
- following students project progression, save them with the help of the subject Master.
- Other given tasks by the head of Department or TMI authorities.
- Graduate diploma from relevant vocational institutions is preferred.
- Having successful 1 year teaching assistant experience in vocational Training.
- Having the best communication skill
- Good knowledge and skill of woodworking.
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: [email protected] by no later than 27 September 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0922-03” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.
Related Jobs (10)
Senior EFL Instructor for Salim Karwan & Khair Khana Campuses on September 9, 2022 Full Time Job
Senior EFL Instructor for Salim Karwan & Khair Khana Campuses on September 5, 2022 Full Time Job
Kazakhstan Government Scholarships – ENIC Kazakhstan on June 18, 2022 Scholarship