- Post Date:December 23, 2022
- Views 32
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-661Location kunduz
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Ensure the day-to-day management of works and demands related to his field of expertise for all Water and Sanitation activities. The activities include the construction phase and the project development phase prior to construction.
Coordinate, implement, and supervise, ensuring all technical and scheduling aspects (technical aspects, drawings, design, and close supervision of all Water and Sanitation works), Water and Sanitation activities in the project, according to MSF protocols and under the supervision of the Kunduz Construction Team Leader and Referents from the Afghan Technical Unit (coordination Kabul).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure the WHS assessment in collaboration with medical teams, identifying WHS needs and recommending appropriate responses (WHS emergency strategies, etc.);
– Provides support to the logistical and medical teams in the identification, implementation, and monitoring of the Water, Hygiene, and Sanitation activities in all MSF structures according to the protocols of MSF (e.g. Essential Water and Sanitation Requirements, Public Health engineering in emergencies).
– Ensure the implementation of Watsan strategies and policies for all MSF structures, in accordance with the mission policies and standards as defined by the Logistic Back Office in Kabul.
– Performs technical assessment and provides recommendations, advice, and support to the project teams in his/her field of expertise.
– Assist in the production of Watsan-related documents (including engineering drawings, work and technical specifications bill of quantities, terms of reference, tender documents and contract forms, etc.) for the entire mission according to MSF standards as defined by the Watsan Referent.
– Manage the Watsan team involved in WHS activities (medical structures and community-based related activities)
– Support in the administrative part (contract management, market assessment, renewal of documentation, etc.) for the Watsan-related activities.
– Ensure compliance with the Mission policies, procedures, and protocols related to his respective technical family for all Watsan installations and activities.
– Train the project Watsan staff, on daily maintenance tasks and troubleshooting, in order to improve capabilities and ensure their development.
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident.
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience.
– Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines.
– University degree in Water & Sanitation related education: essential
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook): essential
– Proficient user of AutoCAD drawing program: essential
– Proficient user of VISIO: essential
– EPANET (or similar software) uses desirable
– ETABS (or similar software): an asset
– Other experience in a similar position, for a period of at least 2 years (supervision of construction site, development of technical drawings, team management) essential
– MSF experience is desirable
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME 40 hours a week. 5 days a week
Contract until October 2023
The interested candidates should submit their applications before 28/12/2022 with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and supporting documents (tazkira, certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kunduz Project via:E-mail < [email protected];
The reference “Watsan supervisor” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.