Water Supply Design Specialist
- Post Date:October 3, 2022
- Views 73
- Career Level OfficerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MEW/MSU-028-1401Location Kabul
About Ministry of Energy & Water/MSU :
In accordance with the Decree of the presidential office of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1383, the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) has been established from two existing ministries: Ministries of Energy, Water Resources and Environment.
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the Energy and Water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major power sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW).
Given the technical complexity of the Energy and Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the MEW assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce MEW in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for energy and water sector development.
General Scope of the Job
Ministry of Energy and water has planned to design the Kabul-Punjshir water Supply project and other water supply projects in the current year (1401).
Moreover some companies may submit the studies reports, design packages and construction submittals to the Ministry of energy and water for review; to the conduct design and review of the water supply projects and hydraulic structures on a professional manner the Ministry of Energy and water is seeking for employments of competent professionals in field of water supply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design of the large scale and small scale water supply projects.
- Design of the water conveying pipes and fittings ( 0.5m to 1.5m diameter pipes) to convey a given discharge of water over long distances in hilly areas.
- Design a water intake structure and other related structures crossing the pipe line throughout the water supply network.
- Review the water supply reports of the technical studies.
- Review the water supply reports as part of the detail design.
- Review the design of water supply projects.
- Preparation/review of technical specification for water supply projects.
- Preparation of the tender documents (Drawings, Specification and BOQ) for water supply projects.
- Review of the buildings water supply design.
- Quantities and cost estimation of the water supply projects
- Preparation of the monthly activity reports.
- Any other task assigned by the related supervisor/Technical Team coordinator.
The candidate shall have at least BSc degree in water supply/Civil engineering/hydraulics with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in design of large scale water supply projects or a minimum Master degree in water supply/water resources engineering/hydraulics with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in design of water supply projects having the following qualification and experience:
- Shall attach a copy of his higher degree to his application form and Cv. Shall attach a copy of the certificates/recommendation letters and copies of his contracts which proves his experience in design of water supply projects along with complete address and mobile phone numbers of his direct supervisors.
- Familiar with AWWA, IPC, ASHRI, USBR, ASTM, ACI and USACE Codes.
- Fully familiar with the software of EPANET.03, Water CAD, Water Gem and Arc GIS.
- Fully expert in Software of Civil 3D, Auto CAD.
- Expert in design of water intake and other hydraulic structures.
- Expert in at least one software for water supply design.
- Reading, writing and speaking fluently in English.
- The experience shall be pure in design of water supply projects, other experience is not acceptable.
- Fully familiar with the specification of potable water, potable water pipes and fittings.
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill MEW/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (PDF). CV is acceptable will be considered.
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
Ministry of Energy and Water is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #3 /Application Number #22
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of Ministry Support Unit
Ministry Of Energy and Water
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320