- Post Date:October 16, 2022
- Views 47
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number WatchmanLocation Kabul
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191-member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Afghanistan country office supports Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) capacity building and programme implementation guided by the ARCS established strategic plan in the areas of health, disaster management, disaster risk reduction, social outreach, capacity building and organizational development activities. ARCS is undergoing an important transition linked to the adoption of an updated and modernized Red Crescent Law which will formally and completely separates the NS from the Government. With this independence and the increased humanitarian needs in the country, expectations on the NS are high. The ARCS Leadership looks to its IFRC, ICRC and PNS partners to help optimize and raise the efficiency of the NS management in accordance with the findings of the Federation-led OCAC. In 2016, the ARCS will launch its 2016-2020 Strategic Plan developed through fully participatory processes.
In keeping with the 2016-2020 IFRC Plan “Partnering for Resilience”, the Field Office Manager works through
four strategies for implementation that are critical IFRC functions designed to support the ARCS to implement
programmes in thematic areas of focus where the ARCS and IFRC have agreed to partner for the needs of the
vulnerable communities in Afghanistan.
To maintain the safety and security of IFRC staff, guests/visitors, and assets in IFRC facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry and reporting any incident.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic inside IFRC premises by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- At least high school graduate.
- 2 year’s working experience in similar positon for NGO or international humanitarian organisation
- Previous experience with Red Cross / Red Crescent.(Preferred)
- Knowledge in Federation or movement partners.(Preferred)
- Work with communication equipment (HF, VHF and VHF base station)
- Familiar with CCTV cameras, alarm system and fire-extinguishers
- Intermediate level English.
- Local common languages knowledge (Dari and Pushto)
Core competencies – A good degree of competence in team-work, commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its work, integrity and personal conduct, flexibility and adaptability.
Strong Candidates who meets job requirement are encourage to send their CVs in PDF format before the deadline.
The position is temporary (only 3 months)