WASH Technical Assistant Afghanistan Nimroz (Afghan Nationals Only)
- Post Date:October 8, 2022
- Views 85
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 3Vacancy Number VA-2022-0383Location Nimruz
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Technical Assistant position is to liaise and work closely with WASH department in implementing the WASH projects. The Technical assistant is expected to be able to design and estimate the bill of Quantity for WASH hard components, deliver hygiene promotion trainings as well as attending in various type of distributions. It is also noteworthy that the incumbent is expected to have sound Engineering knowledge and be able to operate surveying tools and equipment such as tablets, GPS, Level, Transit, and Theodolites etc.
As a part of WASH Technical Assistant’s responsibilities s/he will be asked to monitor construction activities such as construction/repairing of water points, Latrines, water pipe scheme, conducting hygiene promotion trainings for targeted locations, full participation in all distributions etc.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the WASH portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day-to-day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities, and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Have full understanding of all programs’ goals, objectives, implementation plan and expected result / output.
- Participate in NRC staff and seminars and training, when scheduled
- Operate field equipment.
- Work closely with all WASH projects stakeholders.
- Keeping on track recording of training data and program documents.
- Coordinate closely his or her activities with WASH Team Leader.
- Assist WASH PM/Team Leader on planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring of projects.
- Be willing to travel throughout the districts and other provinces, this is primarily a field position and will require physical activity in a range of demanding natural environments and conditions.
Generic professional competencies:
- 2-3 years’ experience from working as a WASH Technical Assistant/WASH Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience of working in water supply projects (solar pipe scheme, small water point, dug well and bore well)
- Be familiar with water GEMs, Auto CAD, and other related engineering software’s.
- Previous working experience in hygiene kits distribution and hygiene trainings.
- Experience in working with rural area.
- Manage the time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to meet the deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Working knowledge of English language
- Computer skills.
- Work confidently within a group.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of engineering majors.
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below link:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.