- Post Date:August 29, 2022
- Views 53
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number R10424Location Faryab
About World Vision International:
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
WASH Engineer is responsible for the overall Survey, design, implementation, and monitoring of WASH construction projects in the selected districts of Ghor and Faryab provinces. She/He will be also responsible for providing technical support to the field team to ensure all construction work of project infrastructures is done according to the design and drawings and have smooth progress as per project timeline and requirement and timely reporting on progress. He is also responsible for providing technical guidance and support to WASH facilitators involved in implementing the Hygiene Promotion activities of the WASH component of the AHF first reserve allocation project in coordination with the Project coordinator.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare/develop quality design package (drawings, BoQs and technical specifications) for the construction and rehabilitation of water supply networks (gravity fed and solar powered systems where appropriate) and sanitation facilities.
- In close collaboration with the Provincial RRD ensure the details of the BoQs and drawings are finalized and stamped.
- Together with village Shura conduct community consultation meetings in each target community to verify the locations for water infrastructure improvements and households for rehabilitation/construction of sanitation facilities. Women Shura will conduct separate meetings with women in the village to ensure that the selection of site fits women’s needs and can be easily and safely accessed by women. The final decision on selection should include women’s feedback and women Shura agreement.
- Follow up pre-, during and post-construction water quality testing for each water source identified for construction (WV WASH guideline is to have 3 water quality checks).
- Final community selection subject to passing pre-construction water quality test for key parameters.
- Create the construction work plans and schedule for each location and type of intervention.
- Ensure all facilities rehabilitated/constructed are gender and disability inclusive (safe, provide for privacy, easily accessible and usable for both women and men, children and persons with disability).
Quality Control and supervision
- Conduct training on water system and sanitation facility maintenance for members of water management groups from the targeted locations. 2 members of each group will receive training on maintenance.
- Develop the tendering documents (TOR for Construction Company) and ensure that other requirements and guidelines by Supply Chain department are adhered to.
- Prepare precise implementation plans for construction works.
- Ensure all required resources for every single construction project at community level are well estimated and planned for procurement.
- Ensure quality control within construction/rehabilitation work by providing necessary on the job training for skilled labour.
- Develop all necessary monitoring and supervision tools used for construction & rehabilitation projects.
- Ensure quality implementation of construction works with respect of specifications and timeline of implementation.
- Check the quality of the materials provided by the construction company and make sure all materials are new and free of defects and in good condition and the final product, materials and construction meet the minimum standards as described in the subcontract documents and technical specifications.
- Ensure that water, sanitation and hygiene program is fully and timely implemented in accordance with community needs and standards in the project-targeted areas.
Reporting planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Review and confirm the payment claims made by the construction company and assess the work executed for the release of contractor’s payment
- Other necessary inputs concerning construction activities.
- Coordinate joint monitoring visits with DRRD.
- Providing good quality monthly progress reports of the construction works.
- Prepare & process completion report by end of each infrastructure completion.
- Prepare & process infrastructure hand over documents with community and line governmental departments in Faryab and Ghor provinces.
- Prepare on time monthly, quarterly, semi-annual & annual report to the relevant governmental departments in Ghor & Faryab.
- Ensure that separate databases are developed to capture all quantitative details for each project and are up-to-date.
- Monitor and provide inputs in procuring construction materials.
- Proper documentation of project technical documents such as drawings, BoQs, Specifications, completion report, hand over forms etc.
- Ensure safety of materials and equipment during construction work.
- Liaise with Project Manager & other relevant technical staff on progress of construction/rehabilitation works.
- Monitor/supervise construction work in the field and ensure they meet the project objectives in terms of quality of work and within the agreed timelines.
- Work with M&E to regularly track and report on progress towards WV water, sanitation and hygiene targets.
Capacity building of community structures
- Ensure establishment of water management committee (WMC) per each village for project sustainability and proper operation & maintenance of infrastructure ensuring that women’s representation is considered.
- Ensure that WMC get enough on-site practical training during construction phases of work in order to get technical orientation of all constructed parts
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (AHF) interventions.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as WASH /Construction Engineer.
- Experience in construction of water supply network in hard to reach areas.
- Fully knowledge of water supply networks component.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in Engineering field.
- Knowledge of MS Office and statistical programs, AutoCAD, Water gems and other related construction design programs.
- Fully knowledge and experience of water gems software for designing the projects.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to all districts of Faryab and Ghor (where applicable).
- Strong monitoring skills.
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Familiarity with the context of Faryab & Ghor provinces (where applicable)
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders and partners in the project site.
- Interpersonal, management, and conflict resolution skills
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Accessibility to the below-mentioned areas/locations is required (please specify): Ghor and Faryab. (Please indicate districts per province if necessary)
To be able to travel to remote districts and areas of Ghor and Faryab provinces
The application closing date is 06-Sep-2022. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to: [email protected]
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (R10424) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (R10424) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
For those who may distribute our announcement on other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from the ACBAR job site and share it with your posts. No translation to the local language or editing of the vacancy is permitted.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.