- Post Date:October 9, 2022
- Views 81
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 3Vacancy Number KRO-WASH Eng.-KDR-62Location Kandahar
About Kandahar Refugee Organization:
Kandahar Refugee Organization (KRO) is a national-level, non-political, non-profitable, non-governmental organization working for humanitarian and rehabilitation roots in Afghanistan. Further, KRO is an Afghan organization that is committed to the development of the local economy and building local capacity for sustainable development. Thus, we have an established specialized network in many provinces of the country in order to design, and implement related activities in the field of food security, research, capacity building, disaster management, and placement.
The WASH Engineer’s responsibilities include planning, and managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders. WASH engineers should create work schedules that meet deadlines.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Assess needs for WASH interventions (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene facilities) at schools and Health facilities.
- Preparation of drawings (AutoCAD/ civil 3d), BoQ/Cost Estimates, and Tender documents for all WASH infrastructures projects.
- Regular monitoring of ongoing construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executed as per design, specifications, and work schedule.
- Extend all possible technical support to other team members and contractors when and where required.
- Preparation of weekly, and monthly work plans and construction progress reports.
- Preparation of feasibility studies/ reports, borehole pumping tests analysis & reporting, and completion certificates.
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH projects.
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling site reports filling out other paperwork, and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
- Managing parts of construction projects
- Setting out sites
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets, and/or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors, and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to
- Conduct Periodic field trips to visit project sites across KRO target districts in the south zone
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, or similar.
- A driver’s license.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Additional certificates or licenses may be required.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following email address ([email protected] )
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.