- Post Date:October 4, 2022
- Views 55
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA# 1180Location Faryab
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
Following this job description and completing her work in accordance with WAW rules and regulations are requirements for the employee.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create women-friendly spaces, particularly classes for needlework, in the targeted Faryab provinces.
• Prepare a schedule for the class’s participants, who are primarily women and girls who have survived GBV, based on their skill levels and areas of interest.
• Create lesson plans for each class of trainees on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis based on their level of vocational skill.
• Ensure that the stock contains the necessary materials and supplies for students to acquire the necessary life and career skills.
• Ensure that all necessary materials and supplies are accessible to and carried by students and trainees.
• Develop students’ abilities and knowledge to determine the worth of each product and its price.
• Connect GBV survivors who are women and girls to the community’s resources so they can sell their handmade goods.
• Find resources among the clients and strengthen her ability to assist clients in developing their skills as required.
• Teach students new techniques for creating new products with a focus on the market and consumer preferences.
• Keep track of the trainees’ skill development, daily attendance, and classroom activities.
• Keep track of trainees’ and students’ outputs, be responsible for it, and give timely updates on the progress of their products.
• help the project manager create a vocational curriculum and be willing to put in extra time on weekends and holidays as directed by the supervisor or program taking part in marketing events, recording them, and applying what you learn there to your work
• Perform any additional duties within the job that may be assigned by a supervisor.
• Evidence of her professional experience, 14th-grade graduation, and bachelor’s degree are assets. Vocational training that is pertinent (i.e. professional tailoring, carpet waving, cake making & design, cooking, pickling, etc.)
• 3 Years of experience in related field, or Minimum 4 years’ experience in vocational needlework training;
• Demonstrated knowledge of women’s and girl’s survivor of GBV learning and facilitation methods;
• Excellent written and spoken English, fluent (written and spoken) in Dari, Uzbek and Pashto
• Knowledge of life skills themes
• Familiar with different training methods
• Excellent communication skills and experience in working with group of people with different diversity
• General experience/knowledge of class administration & management.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit Cover Letter along with their CVs in One PDF file explaining their interest and suitability for the position. Please indicate the vacancy number (VA# 1180 Vocational Trainer/Faryab) clearly in the cover letter and in the subject line of your email and send it to: [email protected]
Note: Kindly avoid sending your educational and work certificates at this stage of recruitment. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Related Jobs (6)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job