VAS Assistant Manager
- Post Date:November 15, 2022
- Views 18
- Career Level OfficerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AWCC/HR/22/VA/124Location Kabul
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
- Maintain the daily operation of Packet core and VAS services, and perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain SMSC / Linux OS and USSD GW.
- To understand and maintain the daily operation of Packet core and VAS services.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system.
- Identify the discrepancies in the system to access the risk and implement solutions by adhering to the security standards.
- System integration using SIGTRAN/SIP and attending activities related to Packet core and VAS.
- Able to understand all VAS technical services.
- Timely response to telephones and emails for assistance and services.
- To understand the reconciliation process of billing-related reports.
- Train and support the team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject. A master’s degree will be preferred.
- Five years of extensive experience in the telecom sector especially Packet core and VAS services.
- Fluency to speak and write in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Must have vendor communication skills and fault escalation matrix.
- Strong experience with Linux in virtualized environments.
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge and Experience of telecom in Packet core and VAS.
- Experience in VAS services such as Messaging services SMSC, CRBT VMS/MCA, IVR call flow, USSD, etc.
- Knowledge of servers and switches and other solutions relevant to the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking.
- Good Troubleshooting and communication skills and escalation matrix.
- Eager and able to work under pressure and long hours.
Interested candidates should fill out and submit the APPLICATION FORM with complete and correct information. To have access to the APPLICATION FORM, please copy and paste the link into your Web Browser.