Value Chain Analysis Consultant
- Post Date:September 1, 2022
- Views 46
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 55000 - 58000 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-BMN-001-2022Location Bamyan
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office is an international nonprofit Non-governmental humanitarian organization with its head quarter in Birmingham (UK). It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside Afghanistan in 1992. Since then, IRA continued providing assistance in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan and Qurbani programs.
The overall objective of this activity is to carry out a Value Chain Analysis to assess the market demand and market trend of the selected products (handicraft, tailoring, carpet weaving and food processing) in Herat, Balkh and Bamyan provinces. In particular, the Value Chain Analysis should shed light on the status and feasibility of existing and potential markets and determine which hold promise of employment opportunities, product expansion, market viability, value addition opportunities, quality improvement and input availability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
(1) Review existing Value Chain Analyses of selected products and labour markets, and other relevant project documents.
(2) Draft an appropriate methodology for primary data collection and develop data collection tools (e.g., market survey, interviews with market actors, key informant interviews) that will be used to conduct the Value Chain Analysis. The methodology should specifically consult, and identify opportunities for, women entrepreneurs and youth (female).
(3) Plan and conduct a Value Chain Analysis focusing on:
– identification of major local and regional markets
– assessment of size of markets, volume of sales, market integration/segmentation
– local market structure
– Value Chain actors (supplier of inputs, producers, retailors, shopkeepers, wholesaler, traders, and middlemen) performance
(4) Draft a Value Chain Analysis report, which includes an executive summary and practical recommendations that can be used to inform IRW’s livelihoods intervention and ensure viability, appropriateness, and ultimately sustainability.
1. Other related activities
· The IRW-A selected value chains that offer better opportunity in the local and regional markets and what requirements have been met to exploit those opportunities.
· Area of improvement for better production and productivity to increase competitiveness of the household enterprises engaged in the value chain.
· Identification of potentials in the value chain.
· Prepare a complete value chain map showing who is the chain actors, stakeholders, supporters, and influencers.
· Identification of possible improvements that can lead to significant increase in employment and income for the household entrepreneurs.
· A recommendation on how the project shall pursue its interventions in the face of findings on the ground.
The final report submitted to IRW-A will include recommendations and an implementation plan, in a separate document, which outlines where IRW-A can contribute based on the project activities to improve the blockages identified in the value chain analysis within the time span of the project.
The consultant will work closely and in coordination with the EDP project team, specifically the Programme Coordinator, Senior Programme Officer and EDP Officer.
3. Beneficiaries of the study
A value chain assessment of Household -enterprises’ products will be conducted by technical consultant, to assess the market demand and market trend of the products. The actors in different stages of the value-chain process will be identified from supplier of inputs, producers, retailors, shopkeepers, and wholesaler. Based on value chain analysis, each Household – enterprises will work on improvement of their products’ quality and packaging as per the market demand.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging environments
- Capacity to dialogue with different sectors
- Excellent communication skills
- Determination and focus on goals and results
- Sound management and effective facilitation skills
Requirement and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, BBA and at least three years’ experience in Value Chain Analysis Field
- Excellent knowledge of value chain analysis and market analysis.
- Strong analytical, research and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel to different districts of targeted provinces.
Interested candidates must rename their CVs in their Full Name i.e (Ahmad Fardin Frotan) can send their CVs to ( ) link or drop the application hard copy to HR department at Dawood house beside the Jafaria Masjid, Wolayat Street Behind the airport, Bamian Province latest by 07-September-2022. The recruitment will be done on rolling basis and may close as soon as we find the suitable candidate before the closing date of advertisement. Local qualified applicants are highly recommended to apply.
ATTENTION: Please mention vacancy`s title and location in the subject line of your e-mail/covering letter please, otherwise, your application will not be considered.
(Islamic Relief is an Equal Opportunities Employer)
Related Jobs (6)
بست سوم – ویدیو ادیتـــور، موشن گرافیک دیزاینر – وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ on September 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job