Vaccinator (BMGF Project)
- Post Date:December 14, 2022
- Views 59
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 8Vacancy Number NR/BAG/12/22/027Location baghlan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation Agas a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The Vaccinator is responsible to manage and administer the vaccines for the targeted age groups of the population including children and pregnant women in targeted areas of the targeted province as per the MoPH guidelines and protocols. Also, the vaccinator will provide regular report of the vaccination and submit to the provincial stakeholders. The vaccinator will maintain the EPI supply chain management of the vaccines and develop the micro plan for the vaccination program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The vaccinator will administer all types of vaccines to target groups including children and women as per the MoPH guidelines during the visit from targeted areas/communities.
• Will develop the micro-plan for administration of the vaccines.
• Will store, handle, and maintain vaccines per Afghan N-EPI/UNICEF/WHO protocols.
• To maintain the cold chain system of the vaccines as per the MoPH/WHO/UNICEF guidelines.
• To develop monthly reports of the vaccine program.
• To maintain the HMIS tools of MoPH while administrating the vaccines to the targeted age groups.
• To do close follow of the dropout age groups.
• To have good coordination with local communities, CHWs and FHAGs for finding of absent age groups.
• To impart health education to women while attending to mobile and outreach vaccination services about the importance of vaccines.
• Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions, and costumes.
• Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
• Graduated from Recognized Intermediate Medical Institute.
• 2 Years’ experience in BPHS health care services as vaccinator.
• Ability to communicate effectively in local languages verbally and in writing.
• Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages is preferable.
• Very good interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Attention to details & Technical Skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Writing, Reading and strong listening Skills.
• Creativity, Initiative, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Effective communication skills and self-confident.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 20th December 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment (residents will be preferred).
• Salary scale: Grade G according to organization salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.