University of Westminster 2022 Level-Playing Field Scholarship
- Post Date:July 4, 2022
- Views 74
- Gender BothIndustry EducationQualification Bachelor Degree
- Number of Opportunities 1Location United Kingdom
The University of Westminster is proud to announce that Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is supporting Black students and underrepresented groups in higher education through SIE-funded scholarships. The announcement demonstrates the University of Westminster’s as well as Sony Interactive Entertainment’s commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion. Both the University and SIE are committed to providing opportunities and support to ensure that people from every background can realise their true potential.
As a diverse community, the University is dedicated to providing opportunities and support to ensure that people from every background can realise their true potential. The scholarship will support undergraduate students from a Black and Mixed Black ethnic background on courses in Westminster’s School of Computer Science and Engineering to encourage them to consider and pursue careers in the entertainment technology and gaming industry.
Aim and Benefits of Level-Playing Field Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive £10,000 in each eligible year of study for a maximum of three years, subject to progression to the next year of their course.
£5000 will be paid into your nominated bank account in January and £5000 towards your tuition fees paid directly to the University in the first semester of each academic year. Students will not receive the yearly allowance if they are on a repeat year or a placement/sandwich year.
Requirements for Level-Playing Field Scholarship Qualification
In order to apply you must:
- Be a Home student for fee purposes and have an offer from the University of Westminster for a place on a full-time undergraduate course at the School of Computer Sciences and Engineering starting in September 2022
- Be from a Black or Mixed Black ethnic background
- Have a household income of less than £25,000 per annum. Applicants must have applied for the maximum student support available from the Student Loans Company (SLC). This includes applying for finance based on your household income (means tested) and given consent to share information with the University in order that their declared household income can be verified.1
- Successful students will be automatically a part of the Level-Playing Field Scholar Group and will be required to share their grades and career progressions at the end of each year
How to Apply
Please return your completed application form including your A Level (or most recent school) transcripts as pdf attachments to [email protected] with your Westminster ID number and “Level-Playing Field Scholarship” in the subject line.
For more details, visit University of Westminster website.