Trauma Care Support Officer
- Post Date:October 25, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-10-98Location Kabul
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the
health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Purpose of the Post:
In the context of WHO Health Emergencies the Trauma Care Support Officer will ensure the quality of activities in regard to mass
casualty management planning in provinces and establish trauma care unit (TCU) as planned through donor
funds at the targeted HFs within provinces.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, when needed, in order to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and other public health emergencies
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the overall guidance of the WHE Team Lead and direct supervision EPR officer-NPO, the incumbent will work in a medium-sized team. S/he is expected to perform his/her duties and responsibilities with highest degree of efficiency and sound judgment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Review the current available policies procedure related to hospital administration in relation to emergency
• Lead and coordinate the MCM project planning design and implementation working closely with key hospitals, trauma centers and pre-hospital first aid post and referral.
• Ensure implementation of the planned activities of WHE for trauma care.
• Support planning, facilitate and monitor the implementation of Mass Casualty Plans for HFs located in high risk areas
• Plan and support implementation of simulation exercises in related province where needed.
• Planning for structured support for capacity building addressing management aspect of 1. the hospital for trauma care which should be emphasized more on the benefit of on job technical assistances.
• Supporting the hospital information by strengthening the data collection system, HMIS 2. data analysis, presentation and extracting the actions points. 3. Follow up with HMIS officer and TCS Focal Points of FCs n timely submission of monthly beneficiary reporting.
• Promote trauma care agenda to EPR, PHCC and Health Cluster coordination
• Coordination and communication 8. Strengthening internal coordination of hospital units to smoothly cope during emergencies.
• Coordinate and if necessary, facilitate the relevant training activities e.g., trauma care training for surgeons, basic life support (BLS) and triage training.
• Submit all the mission reports and M&E reports to the program manager.
• Any other relevant task assigned by supervisor
Planning and implementation
1. Be involve in the MCM project planning revision and TCU along with the WHE team
2. Responsible for implementation of the planned activities of WHE for trauma care.
3. Plan and support implementation of simulation in related province where capacity need to be strengthened and not implemented simulation.
4. Planning for structured support for capacity building addressing management aspect of the hospital for trauma care which should be emphasized more on the benefit of on job technical assistances.
5. Supporting the hospital information by strengthening the data collection system, HMIS data analysis, presentation and extracting the actions points.
6. Establishment of self-assessment forum for evaluation and decisions on hospital activities based on the evidences
7. Active support and participation in EPHS policy revision and to include trauma care in EPHS.
8. Ensure quality assurance of all WHE related project activities through better monitoring and evaluation
Coordination and communication
9. The project officer will coordinate all the WHE related activities implemented by the implementing partners (NGOs and MoPH)
10. Promote trauma care agenda to EPR and PHCC coordination
11. Strengthening internal coordination of hospital units to smoothly cope during emergencies.
12. Coordinate and if necessary, facilitate the relevant training activities e.g. trauma care training for surgeons, basic life support (BLS) and triage training carried out under WHE, WHO Afghanistan including simulations exercises at national and sub-national levels.
13. Provide logistical and technical support to the trainings and report on completion.
14. Ensure proper management and utilization of all WHE funded project activities including financial disbursements, HR development and supplies.
15. Regularly report on all WHE related project activities to the WHE team.
16. Submit all the mission reports and M&E reports to the program manager
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
• Ability to create, compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
• Demonstrated information management skill.
• Excellent Management and creative skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including effective negotiation and facilitation consensus building
• Ability to create maps using data.
• Experience in graphic design software development is an asset.
• Experience with relevant software such as: ArcGIS, SPSS, Ms Access, SQL, progress) is desirable.
Essential: University degree in medicine, Master of Public Health or general surgery.
Desirable: post graduate qualification in Hospital management or traumatology
Essential: Minimum of 5 years’ field experience of emergency health service delivery, of which at least 1 year in managing trauma care/mass casualties and coordinating EPHS activities
Desirable: Experience of training in MCM, BLS, ALS , Triage and traumatology will be an asset
Languages: Excellent English Verbal and Written communication skills, fluent in local languages.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications and computer graphics packages
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
Screening of the candidates;
– Long List – The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
– Short List – Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-10-98) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.