Project Site Manager
- Post Date:August 29, 2022
- Views 34
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 02410-08-2022-IMC-KBLLocation Balkh
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan
- Scope of Work:
The Site Manager- will be responsible for the implementation of all planned activities under the above-mentioned project. The project aims to respond to a series of immediate needs on the ground as, due to prolonged conflict, drought, COVID-19 and economic impact, most of the families in the target provinces lack nutrition and WASH services, health services, and require protection support to cope with the current situation.
This project aims to provide integrated emergency health, protection, WASH, and nutrition services to those in critical need in Afghanistan’s Northern and Eastern regions (Ningarhar, Kuner, Laghman and Balkh). The project targets those affected by conflicts and natural disasters, including Internally Displaced People (IDP), returnees, refugees, and impacted host communities. The project is proposed for 12 months (started in May 2022), reaching a total of 55,786 households, 390,501 individuals (199,156 males, 191,345 females).
The role will be based in Mazar Sharif city of Balkh province but will be involved in regular travel to project sites to supervise, review and document progress in the field, with occasional travel to the regional office or other project provinces.
The Site Manager will also be responsible for providing technical support and capacity building to Project staff and maintaining a close relationship with other stakeholders such as the community, district, and provincial authorities UN agencies and Clusters, INGOs, and NGOs. Develop biweekly, monthly and quarterly reports and manage sector-based staff at the field level.
- Role & Responsibilities:
2.1 Program Implementation
- Develop a detailed project implementation plan and manage the implementation of the project in the targeted provinces and ensure project objectives are met with the highest standards and best practices
- Monitor the progress of the projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects update and analyze the Project Management Tool on monthly basis and share it with M&E department/Project Coordinator
- Compile monthly, semi-annual and final reports on time and with accurate data
- Update monthly procurement plan and work closely with the logistics department to ensure its smooth implementation
- Provide information and contribute in budget management and pipeline preparation on monthly basis with the Project Coordinator
- Represents International Medical Corps and project at all levels including communities, government agencies and other organizations by attending meetings, sharing information and providing feedback when requested
- Contribute to program development
- Coordinate with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, Afghan Government Authorities, and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support to project activities
- Together with Health, Wash, Protection, and Nutrition officers actively participate in relevant coordination, Clusters, Subcluster, working groups, and other relevant monthly meetings and ad hoc meetings to maximize coverage and minimize duplication of services
- Maintain calendar of events and meetings at site level with staff who will participate and prepare meeting minutes
- Human Resource Management and supervision
- Supervise, support, and guide the project staff in the province to ensure project objectives are met cultural appropriateness and adhere to organizational policies and procedures, donor requirements, and government guidelines
- Develop quarterly/semi-annual goals and objectives for project offices and review the progress on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies
- Consider security implications of all program activities and review all new initiatives with national staff and community leaders.
- Ensure maximum visibility of International Medical Corps and donor while implementing the project activities.
- Any other assignment asked by the higher management.
Leadership: Has the ability to engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem-solving: Provides solutions to problems.
Research: Researches, analyzes and seeks information to respond better to his/her work and projects.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (peers, supervisors, employees, colleagues in mission, etc).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine. Has the adaptability to live and interact with project staff in mission province. Has the capacity and ability to live and / or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project execution and project monitoring systems. Also has the ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and other team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Focus on the Client: Seeks to understand problems from the clients’ point of view, identifies clients’ needs and finds appropriate solutions.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology as well as to different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Proactively: It requires the capacity to take initiative in the development of technical and creative actions which improves results.
Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
- Qualification and Experience:
- Graduated from a recognized higher education institute in the country or abroad in the field of health, Management & Administration, and other social fields. Master-level education in the relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working with NGOs and UN, the government in the field of project/program implementation
- Good coordination, networking, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and diplomacy.
- Attitudes and aptitude aligned with the positions are essential.
- Good capacity and analysis of conflict management in order to provide advice to the staff.
- To be able to propose solutions to the identified problems/challenges.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Excel and the internet is required.
- Good staff management, planning, and organizing skills with a strong command of context analysis, security management, networking and collaboration.
- Communication skills and strong local language correspondence skills. Particularly in fluency in English, Dari and Pashtu speaking /writing skills are required.
- Ability to write logical, clear, and concise reports
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or can be deployed in anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with security department.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
Related Jobs (7)
بست سوم – ویدیو ادیتـــور، موشن گرافیک دیزاینر – وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ on September 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job