Technical Program Manager II, Global Affairs, Trust and Safety
- Post Date:October 8, 2022
- Views 41
- Career Level ManagerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1
- Location Kirkland, WA | USA Seattle, WA | USA San Francisco, CA, USA | + 3 more locations
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You’re equally comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager on Trust and Safety, you will have overall responsibility for strategic and operational initiatives. You will often lead special projects that will require planning, data analytics, process design, problem solving, and coordination across multiple functions and various levels of leadership.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Identify key issues across our landscape focused on partners, leveraging your influential skills to scope, prioritize, and resource initiatives.
- Use technical judgment and operational experience to drive project outcomes, build consensus, remove roadblocks, and resolve conflicts.
- Establish a deep understanding of the use of technology to address Trust and Safety requirements and processes, and work closely with stakeholders to develop technology road maps.
- Facilitate cross-functional coordination across projects, manage workstream dependencies, and the impact on downstream working groups.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product, cross-product areas, Legal, Partnerships, Support, Operations, and leadership to ensure adoption of product area strategic pillars.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in internal stakeholder management and in a technical role.
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Experience in trust and safety.
- Familiarity with Google products, types of online abuse, and policy development/strategies.
- Solid analytical, quantitative, and statistical problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical leadership, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.