Technical Officer Livelihood
- Post Date:November 28, 2022
- Views 25
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 18000 - 18728 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 274/22Location Badghis
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Assist the technical specialist-provincial and project staff need assessment and identify eligible women-led micro enterprises in the target communities. Build the capacity of the project participants on the existing enterprise management. He/she will lead the team to achieve the project activities and objectives. Provide technical, financial resources and equipment support to the project participants. He/she will conduct field visits to analyses the relevant reports to ensure quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Select the targeted programme participants and appropriate enterprise option as an Income Generating Activities (IGAs) for them following the programme guideline in order to enroll into the programme.
- Provide enterprise development training, asset purchase and transfer, input distribution to the participants as per programme guideline.
- Provide education on livestock management, apiculture, horticulture
- Continuous follow up, supervision, close monitoring and progress analysis of enterprise and the programme participants in order to graduate them from the extreme poverty level within the programme cycle.
- Develop different progress reports, training, proper documentation and follow administrative rules of programme and organization.
- Monitoring and support the formation process by providing necessary guidance to build effective pro- poor social platform in the community
- Communicate and build network with different government and other service providers to obtain different service and facility for the program participants
- Provide support and guidance to the field team for resource and Community mobilization activities
- Support field and provincial team on social integration related issues to proper follow up and provie guidance to respective team to overcome challenge
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so
- Clear understanding of poverty dynamics, geographical and community context, different culture etc.
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills with different stakeholders
- Problem solving skill
- Documentation and reporting skill
- Basic computer skill
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/technical-officer-livelihood-19/apply
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100