Technical Evaluation /Agriculture Specialist
- Post Date:November 15, 2022
- Views 15
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry AgricultureQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number ADF-120Location Balkh
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with the objective of increasing lending to the agriculture sector in order to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private
farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and are able to enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level. Until its transition to the Government of Afghanistan in 2014, the ADF is managed by the Agriculture Credit Enhancement (ACE) program a USAID contract.
The Technical Evaluation Specialist/Agriculture will coordinate with the ADF Lending Team and will interact with MAIL Offices all over Afghanistan. Also he/she will create coordination with all implementers of value chain activities in Afghanistan with the specific intention of minimizing duplication and redundancy as related to programming activities. The Technical Evaluation Specialist will provide technical support to clients and potential clients of the ADF; plus support ADF staff in achieving value chain development goals. The Technical Evaluation Specialist will contribute to the overall success of the implementation of Value Chain Grants in support to AD
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to existing and potential/prospective clients of the ADF.
- Provide technical support to the credit and risk management departments in the ADF.
- Undertake technical feasibility exercises in regard to the loan and grant proposals received by the ADF, more particularly with reference to the internationally accepted best practices/standards of food safety, health, hygiene and environmental compliance.
- Provide technical inputs in designing credit and other products/services of ADF.
- Undertake sector/activity specific and region-specific studies to validate the business models of ADF.
- Maintain a robust database/MIS on the agricultural sector in the country, with a view to mapping the potential for enhancing agricultural lending by ADF.
- Represent ADF in the meetings of the national/regional technical working groups and in other academic/technical events.
- Facilitate the conduct of training programs/workshops.
- Works as a member of the ADF Technical Services Team in close coordination with the Lending Team and counterparts to evaluate, analyze, offer assessments and recommendations relative to the processing of Loan Applications from ADF’s clients, ensuring to maximizing the impact of resources provided to ADF as related to value chain development.
- Collaborates in the provision of technical assistance to ADF clients, ensuring the quality of the assistance that contributes to successful business ventures and enabling clients to comply with their credit obligations. Strong focus is on the development of Marketing Strategies, Business Plans and Investment plans.
- Along with ADF team counterparts, achieve deliverables as defined within the ADF annual work plans.
- Coordinates with ADF team members, MAIL counterparts and (partnering) value chain implementers as related to special events, training programs and demonstrations.
- Works with regional value chain networks, assists in the identity of ADF finance opportunities, GDAs and other agribusiness deals.
- Designs VC upgrading strategies, addressing production, processing and marketing priorities.
- Technical Evaluation Specialist will directly report to Technical evaluation Manager/Technical Director.
- Other tasks as required by the Technical Services Director.
- Experience supporting the technical development of agriculture value chains, especially perennial and annual horticulture, oil crops and wheat. Strong knowledge of production conditions and structure of the field production in the North and Northeast Region.
- Able to work with framers organizations and private agribusiness in developing marketing plans, business planning, including the training for these actors.
- Experience in links with regional government authorities such as DAIL and NGO’s operating agricultural and livestock programs in the Region.
- A University degree, preferably in an agribusiness related curriculum
- 2-3years of progressively responsible and supervisory experience
- Fluent English, excellent Dari and Pashto.
All interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number (ADF – 120 ) in the subject line before the closing date to the below email address.