Technical Director, RMNCH
- Post Date:July 15, 2022
- Views 74
- Experience 8 Years +Gender BothIndustry Health Care
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1
Save the Children is seeking a Technical Director, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) for the Yemen Round under the Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Services, Voluntary Family Planning, and Reproductive Health Care (MNCH/FP/RH) to Scale (MOMENTUM) Annual Program Statement. The Yemen Round will improve maternal, newborn, and child health outcomes in at least 20 Republic of Yemen Government (ROYG) districts by focusing USG assistance on improved access, utilization and quality of high impact RMNCH services in selected governorates of the country.
The RMNCH Technical Director will provide technical oversight and direction of the RMNCH technical team. They will support the program to ensure the delivery of high quality integrated RMNCH health interventions at the community and facility level and ensure that project activities align with relevant international standards and national RMNCH policies, strategies and plans. They will provide leadership and technical guidance in the development, implementation and evaluation of RMNCH activities. Under the leadership of the Chief of Party (COP), the RMNCH Technical Director will work to ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team, the Ministry of Public Health and Population and (MoPHP), and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies based on sound, current scientific evidence.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- In collaboration with the COP, ensure that the program is delivered according to donor and government requirements (i.e., that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget, reports are submitted per agreed schedules, and any other requirements or criteria are fulfilled).
- Provide overall technical direction and guidance for the team in designing and delivering RMNCH interventions.
- Develop and regularly update detailed annual work plans and ensure these are used by the team appropriately to monitor progress towards completion and achievement of program objectives.
- Working closely with the COP and other project staff, ensure technical alignment, quality, and timely submission of programmatic reports for the donor, government, and Save the Children.
- Work with program staff, Save the Children Technical Advisors, and consortium partners to identify the technical support needs of the program and ensure this support is provided.
- Monitor country-level activities, identify challenges, and develop appropriate reporting and results of project activities for the COP including progress and annual reports.
- Mentor, strengthen capacity and supervise direct reports to achieve their work plan objectives, and to contribute to the achievement of the overall program goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with officials, government ministries, implementing partners, and the international and local NGO community.
- Attend and actively participate in periodic program meetings and ensure summaries of progress and challenges are prepared and presented with follow-up actions as required.
- Represent SC and project team on national and international forums to disseminate and advance knowledge on RMNCH services.
- Engage with the health cluster and other country level forums.
- Serve as the technical/knowledge hub for RMNCH and oversee the project role in providing leadership at the national, regional, and district levels.
- Collaborate with other technical specialties to achieve coverage and equity results by promoting evidence-based programs to scale.
- Identify training needs for the purpose of capacity building, sustainability of program, and promotion/expansion of coverage of services.
- Integrate the project team with the Save the Children Yemen Country Office to ensure coordination with and support by the Country Office systems and staff.
- Master’s degree in Global Health, Public Health, or International Development or a Medical Degree is ideal; Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- At least 10 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, managing, and implementing RMNCH health programming in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in building community and MOH capacity to provide quality integrated RMNCH health services.
- Demonstrated experience training and mentoring facility-level technical staff on high-impact RMNCH interventions.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Yemeni healthcare system.
- Experience working in the humanitarian–development nexus supporting health programs.
- Experience working in humanitarian settings and/or fragile health systems.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and Arabic.
- Familiarity with USAID or other USG administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
- Qualified Yemeni nationals and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!