Technical assistant to support whole of government engagement
- Post Date:September 18, 2022
- Views 39
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-09-80 (APW)Location Kabul
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
The COVID-19 pandemic in the world shows that only health system cannot control the pandemics and overcome to its negative effects especially toward maintaining the essential health services which is vital to the population and its disruption has long term destructive effect on the country economy and social aspects in general. To establish a multi sectorial approach to control the pandemic and crises and maintain the essential health services during the pandemic, this general directorate need a technical support to develop policy document for “whole of government engagement to control the pandemics and health crises” in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Services:
reviewing the existing mechanism for the whole-of-government engagement and produce a policy document to institutionalize multi-sectorial action to maintain the essential health services during the pandemic
3. Identify and highlight the basic methods and strategies that are effective to engage sectors for the whole-of-government response to control pandemics
4. Produce a policy document on how to institutionalize multi-sectorial action/ mechanism to response to pandemics and maintain the essential health services during the pandemic which will be led by MoPH
5. Conducting and facilitating a workshop for representatives of identified sectors and present the policy brief and developed mechanism for whole of government engagement in responding pandemics and maintaining essential health services in Afghanistan
6. Submitting the policy brief to HE Minister of Public Health
7. Briefing the final draft of policy document for the Afghanistan ministers’ council (shora e waziran)
8. Dissemination of the final policy brief to the engaged sectors.
1- Report of review and analysis of existing mechanism for the health whole-of-government engagement in other countries
2- Report of identified the gaps in existing mechanism for the whole-of-government engagement in Afghanistan
3- Final draft of policy document on how to institutionalize multi-sectorial action/ response to maintain the essential health services during the pandemic.
4- Report of conducted workshop for the sectors
5- Report of Briefing the final draft of policy document for the Afghanistan minister’s council (shora e waziran)
1- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2- Producing results
3- High sense of responsibility and strong organizational skills with ability to work under pressure.
4- Advanced computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1) Must have good command of computer skills
2) Excellent communication and report writing skills
Essential: Medical doctor and master’s degree in public health
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
« Screening of the candidates:
Ø Long List – The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Ø Short List – Further shortlist shall be done based on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Ø WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Ø WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-09-80) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email: [email protected]
Applications not having specific VN number or received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.