Team Leader Risk Education
- Post Date:September 4, 2022
- Views 76
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA-KBL-278-22Location Kabul
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Explosive ordinance risk education team leader is overall responsible for managing risk education in central region. In coordination with area program manager & area manager, team leader is responsible for coordination with relevant stakeholder including DMAC and deployment of risk education teams in field based on agreed monthly plan. The team leader is responsible to maintain quality of EORE work in the field with technical support of country office technical unit and provide support to enhance EORE activities for reaching the project goals and objectives.
- Regularly visit and appraise the work of the EORE teams in all locations including UNHCR center if relevant, providing support and feedback.
- Be responsible for quantity of EORE distribution material and let EORE coordinator in the picture in advance in case quantity is near to lull at any of the projected areas.
- The external QA visit reports to be shared with relevant management structure in place in DRC at area office and country office including EORE Coordinator and should provide feedback/action as instructed by line manager.
- Check all equipment and training material of the team for any damages monthly basis and report accordingly.
- Report the EORE teams weekly and monthly progress to the HMA Manager and any technical issues to the EORE coordinator.
- Report to RO DMAC/LO on any newly discovered mine accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines and UXOs through EORE coordinator.
- Keep an eye on security situations and in case of any security concerns; share the information with DRC security focal point.
- Collect and compile UXO hotline information during community visits and share it with DMAC/LO hotline number on the spot.
- In close coordination with area manager ensure good communication and coordination with DMAC/LO, UNHCR, local communities, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly plan for risk education teams in central region and ensure deployment of follow of team in field based on monthly plan.
- Brief the visitors, EORE coordinator and internal/external QA with regards to EORE work and any information gathered about beneficiaries.
- Conduct regular review of EORE progress and pre-post data to ensure the activity is implemented as per SOP and guideline.
- Update the IPTT for the relevant projects.
- Record the events such as training, workshop, re-deployment and recruitment etc and report to EORE Coordinator for donor reporting.
- Maintain regular communication with other DRC sectors for referral and integrated programming.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum three years’ experience in project & people management NGO.
- Proven experience of working directly with Afghan communities and local authorities.
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing ability
- Experience in managing risk education team of mine action teams preferred
- Basic knowledge of IMSMA preferred
- Certificate in quality assurance is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Pashto, Dari & English – fluency
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.
DRC Job Application form link: https://www.acbar.org/Document/8060869251.docx
Note: Please attach the completed application form instead of CV along with your letter of motivation to the official DRC Job portal address mentioned in the job vacancy, Only DRC Job application form will be considering, please do not attached your CVs.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.