- Post Date:October 22, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 3Vacancy Number Jhp-UHI-297Location Balkh
Program Description: The USAID funded Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Program’s goal is to improve health outcomes of people living in urban areas, particularly focusing on the health of women and children and other vulnerable populations. Interventions aim to increase demand, access and quality of health services. Lead by Jhpiego and implemented by a dynamic consortium of organizations, UHI is implemented in five cities in Afghanistan – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kandahar.
- Triage and Health education to all client on daily bases in waiting area .
- Create a friendly atmosphere between health professional and client.
- Report of weekly , monthly and quarterly in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all matters related toTB in the hospital .
- Ensure safe storage of Anti TB Drug and equipment .
- Establish good coordination with lab and OPDs for referral of TB presumptive patient .
- Close coordination with Lab for getting the result of presumptive TB patient .
- Counsel and educate patients, their family on TB sign and symptom .
- Ensure all positive TB patient checked for HIV .
- TB registers (TB presumptive , TB Treatment and TB contact Management ) should properly filled.
- Ensure to select treatment plan as per TB guideline.
- Distribution of anti TB Drug as per DOTS strategy .
- In case of any Anti TB drug side effect , inform medical doctor .
- Household screening of all TB patient and fill the contact management register properly .
- Persuade the TB patient for their follow up sputum microscopic examination .
- Perform any other duties required by the head of the hospital.
Eligible candidate :
- Certified Nurse or health related degree
- At least two years of work experience in TB field.
- Ability to work successfully in teams, across a diverse team in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing, analytical and
communication skills in Dari, Pashtu and English (preferable)
Please send your CV to [email protected] For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application may not be considered . The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!