Surveillance data Analyst (Grade/level NO-B)
- Post Date:October 23, 2022
- Views 58
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-10-92Location Kabul
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the
health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Purpose of the Post:
All over Afghanistan therefore is currently facing a complex confluence of crises: residual conflict and associated high levels of population displacement; the aftermath of long-term conflict and violence including recently, severe drought, food insecurity and malnutrition (up to 50% of children at risk of acute malnutrition) further increases the burden of communicable disease. Given the current context there is need to strengthen National Disease Surveillance and Response (NDSR) system at national and sub-national levels for timely disease investigation, case detection, reporting and response. Considering the current dynamic situation and broader role of WHO in the country’s health system, one Surveillance Data Analyst is planned to be recruited who will be supporting the national surveillance systems in the context of WHO Health Emergencies Program/WHE
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, when needed, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and other public health emergencies
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
· Update World Health Emergencies Weekly Infectious Disease Outbreak Situation Report (SitRep).
· Update surveillance data analysis of World Health emergencies monthly report.
· Update/revise forms and dashboards for data entry, and analysis as in DHIS2 as required
· Perform data analyses of the events detected by Epidemic Intelligence from Open Source (EIOS) system for Event-based Surveillance based on the available SoP and regular update of the data
· Perform in dept data analyses of the surveillance data by person, place and time and share with team and other partners
· Perform advanced statistical analyses and synthesis of health data when required
· Train national and field level surveillance teams on quality data capturing, integrated epidemiological analysis and reporting
· Train and provide orientation to the surveillance team in using the DHIS2 platform.
· Assist surveillance officers in developing weekly epidemiological bulletin for COVID-19
· Conduct field visits to the provinces for on-the-job training on data management and analyses
· Provide feedback to the provincial surveillance officers and data management officers on surveillance data timeliness, completeness, and overall quality
· Submit all the mission reports and M&E reports to the program manager, including the gaps, challenges and recommendations on how to solve them
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
· Knowledge of leadership and management principles
· Knowledge of all legislation applicable to hospital sector and national and international standards, laws and regulations
· Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of hospitals
· Capacity to lead and facilitate structured and nanostructured training programs
Essential: bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Biostatistics, management or advanced course in epidemiology.
Desirable: Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics
· Essential: At least 3 years of working experience in data management and analysis.
Desirable: Working experience with MOPH, WHO/ UN or international nongovernmental organization
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, expert knowledge of data management and analyses software (DHIS2, GIS, MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, STATA, R)
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
Ø Short List – Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Ø WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Ø WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-10-92) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.