Supply Chain Management & Inventory Officer
- Post Date:September 1, 2022
- Views 72
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number BP045-2022Location Jawzjan
About Bayat Group:
Established in 2016, Bayat Power is Afghanistan’s largest private Electric Power Production and Development Company. The Company owns and operates Bayat Power-1, the first in a new generation of Gas to Electricity power generation plants that will provide affordable, reliable, and environmentally sustainable electric power to homes and businesses throughout Afghanistan.
Bayat Power is leading the resurgence of Afghanistan’s Energy Exploration, Energy Development, and Gas-Fired Power Production sectors. We’re proud to invest in the promise and potential of Afghans, through educational and professional development programs that are building up a new generation of Afghan Engineers and Technical Specialists.
Bayat Power is a division of The Bayat Group. The Bayat Group of companies has more than a decade of experience building highly profitable enterprises in Afghanistan in the telecommunications, media, industrial infrastructure, security, and logistics sectors. We have a proven ability to work successfully with government officials/organisations at both the national and regional levels to help grow industries that generate profitable returns and set the base for the long-term economic growth of the nation.
Founded in 2002 by Dr. Ehsan Bayat, The Bayat Group, through its role as Afghanistan’s largest privately-owned company, employer, investor, and non-profit leader, has been a proud and impactful partner in the development of some of Afghanistan’s most critical infrastructures.
We are looking for an effective Supply Chain Management & Inventory Officer with a minimum experience of 5 years in direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. As a Supply Chain Management & Inventory Officer, you’ll be responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, you’ll manage and coordinate with people, Ensure processes and systems in order, to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise, supervise and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned warehouse employees; assign workloads to warehouse workers.
- Receive, unpack, pack, load, issue, store and deliver materials, supplies or equipment; with complete packing slips for shipments as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and logs and prepare reports as required; maintain inventory of items in the warehouse; file records as required; supervise the assembly of inventory printouts and catalogues as required.
- Monitor automated warehousing system; operate a computer to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
- Operate and demonstrate use of specialised warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of Site vehicles and equipment.
- Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Assist management in establishing warehouse standards and procedures; advise of budget-related needs; assist in the bid process for various supplies as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- A Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain or Business Management
- A minimum of 3 year experience in a Large Warehouse Environment.
- Strong knowledge of Warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and database
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques
- Space utilization and inventory techniques.
- Problem Solving skills & multi tasking.
- Time Management Ability.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good teamwork & interpersonnel skills.
- Logical reasoning.
- IT skills.
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Experienced in any of the ERP Softwares like- Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP, Precoro etc.
Interested Afghan national candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating on the SUBJECT line, the title and vacancy number of the position (Supply Chain Management & Inventory Officer_BP045-2022) when applying for, to [email protected].
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.