Supervisor (Small Skills Enterprises Development)
- Post Date:August 31, 2022
- Views 86
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 692 - 693 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Jawzjan
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
In close coordination with the regional staff responsible for the supervision and management of the region SSED activities as well as for ensuring high quality delivery of project outputs on time and within budget. With close Coordination of SSED Project Manager and SSED officer, he/she will support in the design, implementation of quality delivery of activity plans within the area /region.
Under the direct leadership of Field Coordinator the SSED Supervisor will be responsible for impact oriented delivery of DACAAR’s vision to create enabling environment for poor rural women and men to become economically empowered with sustainable institutions and systems put in place for producer associations and enterprise groups and support in links with markets and feasibility of sub-sectors for enterprise engagement informing choices made by, existing and potential, rural women and men producers and entrepreneurs resulting to improved household food security, cash income, and overall wellbeing status of the family and communities
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. SSED thematic planning, implementation including Coordination at the regional level:
· In coordination with the SSED Project Manager support offer enterprise and marketing trainings in the region including support in the implementation of Vocational skills to the beneficiaries and ensure training matches current needs in the market.
· Develop quarterly work plans and budget phasing with support and guidance from the national technical team.
· Oversee implementation of the SSED component of projects at district and village level including supporting province and District project staff through training and technical guidance and advice on community mobilization for establishment of Associations and other enterprise groups.
· Support the SSED Social organizers in Facilitating Producer Associations and enterprise groups to develop and implement appropriate strategic business plans for the small and Micro-Enterprises.
· Conduct training of trainers for province and district staff so they can lead trainings for rural producers and entrepreneurs in areas such as community resource mobilization, business planning, basic numeracy and literacy, book keeping, networking, etc. to facilitate Association and enterprise groups’ members to set up their businesses.
· Support in sub-sector market assessments and value chain analysis and facilitating rural producers through Producer Associations and enterprise groups to make informed choices of selection of business ideas that are economically viable and sustainable.
· Support SSED Project Managerin the review of strengths and gaps of the current program implementation and operational strategies with a view to improve the impact and achieve better results.
· A very good team player and contribute in positive working team environment for effective program delivery.
· Develop an efficient network with private enterprises, governmental and non-governmental.
2. Associations and Business Groups including Vocational Skills:
· Supervise the implementation of Associations and Business groups through community mobilization and provide support in selection of group members.
· Provide support for Producer Associations /Business groups and vocational skills beneficiaries regarding new and relevant trainings and skills.
· Monitor Producers Association member’s contribution for effective and efficient utilization of member’s contributions including any other funds received from other stakeholders
· Ensure business development skills are provided to the beneficiaries who are involved in Producer Associations, Business groups and vocational skills beneficiaries.
· Supervise the implementation of Producer Associations/Business Groups through community mobilization and provide support in selection of potential members.
· Support in Community mobilization, facilitating the community understanding of the project engaging the community in on-the-job /center vocational training activities. Selection, registration and enrolment of beneficiaries. Provide technical direction, leadership and training to beneficiaries on business planning, income generation activities.
3. Quality delivery of activities:
· Liaise with SSED Project Managerincluding the field team to Design and ensure quality delivery of activities under SSED and provide administrative and logistical support for field staff.
· Collect and maintain accurate records, monitor and report activities related to job placement, Producers Associations and other groups.
· In close coordination with the relevant Field Officers supervise all Social Organizers under SSED within it project operational area.
· Coordinate effectively with other aid agencies to avoid any overlap of activities and to share experience in project’s areas under its responsibility.
· Facilitate relationships with local authorities regarding community mobilization.
· Coordinate activities with the other supervisors and maintain a good relationship with other members of the team both in the field and MO.
· Liaise with appropriate local government authorities and other agencies, as required, to facilitate implementation of activities under its responsibilities
· Participate in reviews and evaluations.
· Monthly monitoring and reporting on project progress against the agreed objectives and outcomes as well as on budget spends
· Strengthening of small scale businesses for the beneficiaries to enhance their self-reliance.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Management that aim at promoting organizational goals and objectives.
· The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Any other task assign by the Supervisor Ensure security of the camp and relevant staff.
· Ensure that safety procedure is followed.
· Ensure engineering work complies with design and standards.
· Authorize to organize the project staff.
· The holder of this position must strictly follow the organization existing security policies, given procedures, and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
Any other tasks given by the supervisor
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor in economics and Social Sciences or other Relevant education but, master degree is preferable
Experience: Five (5) Years of relevant Experience in business and enterprise development is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Good Interpersonal Skills, Good Social Organizational Skills
· Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Languages: Pashto, Dari and English.
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to [email protected] or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753