Strategy and Operations Lead, Google Cloud
- Post Date:July 15, 2022
- Apply Before: August 31, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities
- Location Sydney NSW Australia
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience working in a business environment.
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or internal corporate strategy teams.
- Experience in developing/leading IT strategy discussions and leading programs and projects.
- Experience in a technical role such as product management, engineering, solution sales, or sales engineering.
- Experience in management consulting and/or strategy/sales operations.
- Experience developing and presenting business/investment strategies to C-level executives, while being able to engage and communicate effectively with technical and sales teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment with limited direction, manage competing priorities, and several time-sensitive projects at once.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, presentation, and communication skills.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
The Go-to-Market Strategy and Operations organization partners with our Google Cloud business organization in developing go-to-market strategies, providing business critical insights using analytics, ensuring cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and helping teams conceptualize and execute strategic initiatives that will result in step change growth for the business. We stay focused on aligning the company priorities with day-to-day execution, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
In this role, you will use your business acumen to understand our business strategy, identify trends and opportunities in the APAC Google Cloud market, and help us shape initiatives to drive growth. You will be a thought partner to our APAC Customer Engineering Leadership, helping develop our investment and strategy for services and infrastructure products.
You will work with APAC business and technical leadership, and various cross-functional teams to develop a forward-looking perspective on the core priorities and capabilities needed to unlock market opportunities across key APAC markets. You will build business cases to support these priorities and ensure successful execution, while owning projects spanning across offices and other regions.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop insights about market and landscape by leveraging sources including APAC business performance data, market data, and analyst reports.
- Develop business cases for infrastructure and products/services within APAC to deliver on customer/business needs, and co-lead the development of our infrastructure and strategy.
- Help Customer Engineering leadership secure impact from their investments by co-leading execution of strategic initiatives with a cross-functional APAC team.
- Manage and monitor capacity requirements across APAC regions and solve any critical infrastructure challenges for the business. Monitor adoption of infrastructure products and services and identify actions to accelerate consumption.
- Partner with relevant local and global stakeholders to support region and product launches.