- Post Date:September 6, 2022
- Views 10
- Gender BothIndustry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor Degree
- Number of OpportunitiesLocation London UKLanguage English
About the job
Google’s infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Google’s products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google’s future — everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google’s infrastructure growth. You’ll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
As a Strategic Negotiator, you’ll work with internal teams to oversee vendor and partner relationships. You will develop and maintain relationships with Google’s business units to help minimize any gap between Google’s business ambitions and infrastructure capability.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with internal business and networking technical teams to identify and define strategic initiatives necessary to meet Google’s ongoing needs for both expansion and cost reduction.
- Build strategic relationships with vendors, identify unique opportunities for partnership or expansion with these teams, and determine specific routes and agreements that meet commercial, technical, and timing requirements.
- Identify and facilitate business agreements with vendors providing submarine cable capacity, wavelength, dark fiber, and colocation services (e.g. terrestrial and undersea networks).
- Lead and facilitate business agreement discussions in tandem with Google’s Legal team.
- Communicate progress internally and collaborate with key project teams and network deployment teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience partnering with Government agencies, regulators, and international organizations, and with mergers and acquisitions and valuation analysis.
- Experience working with networking technologies across the Open Systems Interconnection model and carrier networks.
- Experience with strategic negotiations or business development in obtaining services from high-technology providers in colocation data centers, colocation data center construction and equipment, dark fiber, network transport, bilateral terrestrial/undersea interconnects, and IT services.
- Excellent analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
Related Jobs (23)
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job
Physical Design Engineer( Synthesis , Placement and Routing) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job