Software Engineer II (Women Impact Tech Conference) (Remote - Work From Home)
- Post Date:July 15, 2022
- Apply Before: October 20, 2022
- Views 41
- Experience 3 YearsGender BothIndustry Computer and Technology
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1346688
- Location Remote
MULTIPLE POSITIONS! MULTIPLE LOCATIONS! OPEN TO REMOTE!
Help us bring the power of AI into Microsoft products, reaching millions of customers, while we Democratize Artificial Intelligence technologies through leveraging petabytes of data to solve real-world problems.
The Artificial Intelligence Platform at Microsoft is growing exponentially! We are looking for Engineers with a great understanding of code with or without direct experience in AI Frameworks, Azure Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Conversational AI and the Azure Experimentation Platform.
This is a chance to show what you know, and to grow your Artificial Intelligence knowledge and skill set at one of the greatest companies in technology history!
Some of the many opportunities available include:
AI is the next computing revolution, and the AI Frameworks team is at the heart of it. Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing team that builds the best classical and deep learning ML frameworks and inference/training engines for Microsoft? Our ML frameworks code powers Cognitive Services, Azure ML, and forms the backbone of multiple internal inference/training engines like Office/Bing/Speech/Vision which serve a great number of queries every day.
The Experimentation Team at Microsoft, under Azure AI Platform, aims to accelerate software innovation through trustworthy experimentation. We build one of the largest experimentation platforms on the planet, ExP, used by teams across Microsoft like Azure, Xbox, Windows, Office, Bing, MSTeams, VSCode, etc. to make data-driven decisions through A/B testing. The ExP platform enables customers to answer questions like: What factors affect the quality of the Bing user experience? What causes users to make a first payment with XBox? How does a new Outlook feature impact Office’s business metrics?
Azure Machine Learning (AML)
Microsoft is at forefront of this AI/ML revolution to help enterprises with platforms to make decisions, train models and learn across their entire product portfolio using Azure Machine Learning Service. If you like challenges and want to develop services to support AI/ML solutions to empower enterprise, organization and AI/ML practitioners to improve their products through AI, then this is your ideal opportunity. We are the AI Platform team in the Cloud and AI platform group, and seeking experienced developers with distributed systems experience.
Azure Cognitive Services are bringing AI within reach of every Developer—without requiring machine-learning expertise. All it takes is an API call to embed the ability to see, hear, speak, search, understand, and accelerate decision-making into Microsoft and 3rd party applications. Our mission is to enable commercialization of such cognitive capabilities through Azure as a value differentiator to drive cloud adaption with consistency, ease, and scale.
As one of Microsoft’s most exciting Artificial Intelligence initiatives, Speech Recognition is driving the accuracy and robustness of natural user interfaces, powering experiences such as Cortana, Skype speech to speech translation, Office, and HoloLens, just to name a few. Our group brings together talents in the areas of speech recognition, machine learning, cloud, Distributed Systems, and deep learning to develop and deliver robust, natural, and scalable speech recognition experiences across a rich set of scenarios and languages.
- Contribute technical expertise to help make sound architecture, design and implementation decisions
- Partner with and mentor junior team members
- Model best practices for quality and live site-focus
- Exercise a willingness to learn and share while collaborating with researchers, data scientists and cross-functional teams to improve the AI Platform’s capabilities and address customer requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in software development and product delivery
- 3+ years’ experience working with C++, C#, Java, Python or similar language.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical IT work experience is required.
- Proven problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills from prior work on distributed systems, API design and engineering for scale
- Experience applying Machine Learning, Statistical data analysis analysis to petabyte-scale data
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
- Experience making OSS contributions
- Familiarity with modern frontend development and HTML, React, TypeScript or Node.js
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Related Jobs (8)
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students 2022 on June 23, 2022 Scholarship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students on June 23, 2022 Fellowship
Full Stack Software Engineer – Core Ads – Product Focused on June 21, 2022 Full Time Job