Social Counselor (Paktika) (Readvertised)
- Post Date:November 17, 2022
- Views 15
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 50000 - 55000 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-PKTK-005-2022Location Paktia
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
The PSS counsellor is the dedicated staff to provide all sort of psycho-social counselling of the patients. He/she will be responsible to screen and identify and triaged those with mental health problems as per the different standard scales to know the severity of the patient’s health and provide standard number of counselling in a proper place which is comfortable for the patient and their privacy is kept. She/He is responsible to report to area manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop field activities plan in close coordination with project officer.
- Assessing and identification of children, women and girls for psychosocial support in targeted communities
- Schedule and conduct field meetings with CDC heads, Women leaders, Parents and other target beneficiaries
- Conduct psychosocial predeveloped training plans in target communities
- Familiarize with existing pathways or where necessary develop a system for referral cases and case management which are needing further PSS support or other services.
- Provide context related PSS support at the individual, family, and community members.
- Conduct specific psychosocial group activities, adapted and appropriate to group’s specific needs and capacities.
- When needed work in close collaboration with faith leaders and others relevant authorities to create and implement psychosocial activities in the centers and the communities.
- Supporting social mobilizers to conduct awareness sessions to the project beneficiaries
- Any other project related task assigned by project officer.
- BA degree in psychology, social science, or any other related field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in social counseling.
- Experience in staff management, public outreach/ counseling, community mobilization, coordination with stakeholders.
- Strong Command on Pashto/Dari
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and take on diverse tasks.
- Working experience in the targeted provinces and familiar with concerned community, geography and culture.
Interested and qualified national female candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 22 Nov 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.
Note: The written test/interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position, the written test/interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.
Related Jobs (6)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job