Social Cohesion Officer
- Post Date:September 6, 2022
- Views 87
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number ADA/HR/SCO/OrozganLocation Uruzgan
About Afghan Development Association ADA:
The Afghan Development Association (ADA) is one of the leading development and humanitarian national organizations registered with the ministry of economy (registration no. 105) and is working in Afghanistan since 1990. It has implemented hundreds of development and humanitarian projects in the country. ADA provided lifesaving assistance such as distribution of multipurpose cash (MPC), food packages, cash for food, high energy food packages, livelihood support packages, distribution of non-food items and shelters, distribution of hygiene and water kits, cash for work opportunities, and agriculture inputs and support, women’s economic empowerment support, community conflict resolution, education services to teachers and schools, WASH, construction of small mitigation structures, and so on as development and humanitarian services in Afghanistan
The Social Cohesion officer will be the overall responsible for the implementation of social cohesion/peacebuilding project at provincial level (leading, supervising and supporting of team, implementing and monitoring of project activities, coordinating with relevant stakeholders, and providing quality reports) The duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring implementation of project action plan along with development of weekly action plans/points and following its implementation at district level in close coordination with department head, provincial manager and relevant project staff;
- Ensuring coordination of project activities and conducting meeting with relevant stakeholders at provincial and district level;
- Supervising project staff and provide them the required technical support in development of learning materials, mobilizing target communities, devilry of workshops, facilitation of dialogues, and implementation of collaborative initiatives;
- Ensure the timely collection of means of verification for all activities along with recording lesson learnt and change stories;
- Assist financial department in collecting financial documents during conducting project activities;
- Monitoring the progress of project activities (Based on action plan) and evaluation of the results in the light to project outputs and outcomes on regular basis;
- Providing quality activity based and progress reports (at weekly, monthly and quarterly basis) supported by means of verification for all conducted activities.
- Assist in designing and implementing relevant surveys and FGDs to assess the impact of the project.
- Contribute to reinforcing targeted communities especially the religious leaders and community elders for peace and social cohesion.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors
- Master/Bachelor Degree in social science preferably in Islamic studies, sharia and law the preference will be given to master degree;
- Having good knowledge in project management is highly required;
- Having proven experience of working on leading/supervisory positions (project manager, project officer, project superior) for at least three years ( preferably for peacebuilding/social cohesion projects) is the basic criteria for the selection;
- Having the experience of community mobilization, leading and facilitating of community dialogue and developing learning materials and conducting training for religious leaders and community elders;
- Having the knowledge of social cohesion/peacebuilding, conflict resolution, conflict analysis, action plan development, human rights in the light of Islam, Laws and Afghan tradition;
- Able to implement project action plan and provide quality reports.
- Ability to develop technical and methodological tools related to social-cohesion for capacity-building of leaders ( RA and CE)
- Work experience of project implementation for me /NGOs is preferred.
- Having good computer skills especially in MS Office programs.
- Good oral and written English skills and the best Pashto/Dari written and spoken.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
Individuals who are meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their resume with mentioning the vacancy number on the subject of the email, no later than September 09, 2022