Skills Development and Job Placement Officer
- Post Date:November 6, 2022
- Views 37
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number CARE-AF-0381Location Kabul
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide technical support for vocational training activities as well as for the life skill component.
- Develop training material for vocational trainings.
- Develop and adapt curricula so they become consistent with private sector needs.
- Assist team in beneficiary selection.
- Conduct pre and post-test for different training sessions.
- Assist team in training evaluation.
- Responsible for class management and attendance control.
- Report on class activities and progress.
- Contribute for the business development activities during the life of the project
- Contribute for the life skill component, oversee day to day activities in the field and also, maintain linkage of the related activities with market.
- Oversee day to day activities in the field and also contribute to the business development activities during the life of the project.
- Develop and maintain linkage of the related activities with market.
- Coordination with all provincial organizations/companies, Updating and maintaining the mid-level jobseekers’ registration and evaluating all jobseekers’ profiles, identifying potential employers, calling, meeting and registering them into the database,
- Frequently get in touch with employers to understand their requirements for the new positions, assist employers in developing job description and help them advertise the jobs in Jobs.af database, establish coordination with the potential employers on provincial level and surrounding provinces and secure the vacant positions, by using various methods like email, direct visits, interviews and meetings
- Matching the profiles of the job seekers with the available job opportunities,
- Conduct follow up visits to make sure that the placed jobseekers are well oriented with their new job place, writing and producing presentations for potential employers
- Assist employers in developing job description and help them advertise the jobs in Jobs.af database
- Pro-actively refer potential candidates to employers, researching, screening and finding jobs opportunities presentations for potential employers liaising between the company and clients who are mainly the employers, Making new database for employers
- Key relations:
- Internal: Field Supervisor, the project staff and other support staff, CoP, DCOP, Marketing Advisor, M&E specialist, CARE AFG other projects.
- External: Potential employers and companies/private sectors.
- Duty Locations:
- Key Results Expected:
- Implementation of the activities based on the project objectives and annual approved work plan.
- Plan and deliver vocational training programs for target beneficiaries.
- Assist with community and beneficiary mobilization.
- Ensure project achievements are according to the project annual work plan
- Prepare and submit biweekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Ensure that all stockholders such as; government partners, local communities, WCs, cooperatives members, and extension workers participate in project activities are satisfied and well-coordinated.
- Ensure that any negative effect of the projects is thought ahead of time and avoided in the target communities.
- Demonstrate a good teamwork and involve others in decision-making and keep them informed of affairs
- Ensure provision of needed coaching to all project staff at field level and coordinate with the provincial manager in terms of staff training
- Hold monthly meetings with the project staffs at field level and share its minute with his/her supervisor
- Solving conflicts when raised and reported to supervisor.
- Exchange experience and lessons learnt among the field staffs
- Follow the CARE Afghanistan safety and Security policy and protocols
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of CARE properties
- Be ready for project presentation at any time and for any visitor by keeping the presentation material update
- Share criteria of selection of beneficiaries with field team, communities, WCs, beneficiary selection committees and other relevant stakeholders at the field level
- Assist in selection process of beneficiaries for all the project interventions
- Actively participate in supervisor meetings at the local level.
- Other task as assigned by supervisor
Enthusiasm to the job, excellent disintegrate analytical skills, project management skill, monitoring, willingness to work in the field with various communities and cultures.
- Core Competencies:
- Understand Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) principles in Afghanistan
- Skills and vocational training management or supervision skills and experience
- Teaching and capacity building skills
- Knowledge of Vocational training and Life Skills
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Skills and Experience:
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Flexible and creative
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is an asset
- Fluency in Dari/Pashtu is required
At least Bachelor degree in economics, agriculture, education and health.
- Work Experience:
Minimum of 3 years work experience in vocational, skills development, job placement and capacity building trainings.
- Languages Skills:
Excellent written and oral communication in Dari, Pashto and English languages
Note: Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) along with updated CV to [email protected].
- Applications after the closing date (12:00 AM) and without CARE Application form will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Skills Development CARE-AF-0381 Kabul) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)