- Post Date:November 29, 2022
- Views 40
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry EnergyQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 35291Location Logar
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Collect enters and analysis his/her team necessary community technical assessment.
- Follow up of community work with labours for ensuring of work done on community
- Having proper documentation and soft entry of all estimations and analytical measurement for project.
- Support team in case of required.
- Visit sites to observe environmental problems, to consult with contractors/daily labor and monitor construction activities.
- Design agricultural Water Pond, Traces, and water storages in dry and drought effected communities.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Conduct training about water management to WUC.
- Conduct educational programs that provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity.
- Select best and as per project criteria area for cash for work
- Plan and direct construction of rural water distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
- Conduct regular Meet with clients, such as district or regional councils, farmers, and developers, to discuss their needs.
- Supervise and record day to day construction activities.
- Participate external and internal meeting.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
- Education: University Graduated
- Years of Experience: 2-3
- Skills: Training skills, encouraging skill, communication skill
- Technical Competency:
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Note: Applicants interviewed for this role will not be given chance again.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.