Senior Specialist of BPHS
- Post Date:September 1, 2022
- Views 41
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Senior Specialist of BPHSLocation Kabul
About Ministry of Public Health:
Strengthening Mechanism (SM) is a contract-in mechanism program of Ministry of Public Health, founded by World bank and Italian cooperation in 2011, with the mission to develop the health status to improve the health of the people especially, women, and children through implementing of smooth Basic Package of Health Service (BPHS) , Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) ,and tertiary Hospitals as the standard, agreed –upon minimum of health care to be provided at each level of the health system. The aim of SM is to strength the ability of the Provincial PHDs to deliver the BPHS & EPHS financial management, human resource management, logistic and procurement capacity, technical capacity, and to explore for needs and demand of population in Seven provinces named; Kabul, Herat, Parwan, Kapisa , Panjshir , Helmand, Badakhshan to enhance and sustain government health sector capacity for smooth and sound implementation of MoPH policies and strategies. In addition, MoPH expects to establish and keep an alternative of MoPH for contract – out modality in the country and could compare both advantages and the areas of improvement of the two mechanisms when needed. This contract-in Management mechanism has successfully implemented SEHATMANDI (World Bank), and Support to National Health Program in the Province of Kabul and Herat projects (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation) with considerable improvement and contribution in the health of vulnerable population especially of women, children and community nutrition status. Project development objective is to expand the scope and coverage of health services provided to the population, particularly for the poor, and will enhance the stewardship functions of the MoPH.
The MoPH-SM SEHADMANDI project is a unit in the Ministry of Public Health responsible for coordinating the implementation in the three provinces of Afghanistan (Kabul (Qasaba Hospital and Pulcharkhi CHC plus clinic), Badakhshan, and Helmand). Meanwhile oversee of,Parwan, Kapisa and Panjsher, provinces Health facilities
Support to the Health Program in the Provinces of Kabul, Helmand, and Badakhshan to increase the utilization and quality of high impact health, nutrition, Reproductive Health, reduce maternal and child mortality, and improve health conditions of the Afghan population, particularly in the mentioned provinces through supervision .To ensure BPHS policies implementation (Sehatmandi indicators )in targeted areas by related NGOs through a well-designed and on time plan, support and strength via regular supervision and sound control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to SAHDMANDI -SM project in particular in the related SM -Sehatmandi project provinces BPHS health facilities,
- Assist Provincial Public Health Department (PHD) staff in carrying out systematic and supportive supervision of health service delivery (BPHS)
- Assessment of HMIS indicators in the SM provinces health facilities,
- Ensure accuracy of SEHATMANDI Indicators in the SM-provinces health facilities
- To undertake at least ten field missions per month to related BPHS provinces
- To support project team for strengthening supervision/monitoring and management of health facilities.
- To improve the project and PPHD -BPHS team skill and capacity on HMIS, standard base management, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Develop monthly supervision plans with team and give timely feedback.
- Participate in the coordination meetings with donor, NGOS and other relative departments, together with Project manager
- Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level technical performance, creative and innovative approaches, and the achievement of project objectives
- Provide on the job training for health facilities staff during supervision
- Prepare supervision report for SM-Sahatmandi project provinces PPHD and NGOS,
- Participate in the joint supervision to gather with project team, PPHD, NGOs, donor and other MOPH related departments
14. Any other related tasks assigned by SAHATMANDI -SM project manager
· from MPH degree, graduated from recognized University and approved by High Education Ministry with 5 years’ work experience in the BPHS and EPHS management level with the MOPH or NGOs or donor agencies.
· Bachelor’s degree (MD), graduated from recognized University and approved by High Education Ministry with 7 years’ work experience in the BPHS and EPHS management level with the MOPH or NGOs or donor agencies.
· Have excellent computer and good internet knowledge
· Effective communication skills with fluency in English Persian and Pashto
· Able to visit to provinces.
· To undertake at least ten field missions (Supervision) per month to related provinces to gather with project team.
· Coordinate and follow up matter technical issues for SM project provinces.
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification