Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning, Weather, Google Research
- Post Date:June 17, 2022
- Views 89
- Experience 5 YearsGender BothIndustry Computer and Technology
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Location USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., TensorFlow), artificial intelligence, deep learning, and/or natural language processing.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the Job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll operate independently with minimal oversight. You’ll have the opportunity to join our multidisciplinary team of Designers, Scientists, and Engineers, and you’ll work on AI enabled product concepts, building from zero to one. You will acquire practical skills in building, developing, and working with advanced technologies, while turning new ideas into finished products and fundamentally impacting people’s lives.
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field — we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
- Partner closely with Researchers across Alphabet to build AI technologies needed for our product.
- Identify methods and run experiments to tailor machine learning models for real-world applications.
- Develop pipelines for data ingestion, transformation, analysis, storage, and visualization.
- Collaborate closely with climate research (e.g., Whirl, Contrails, Floods) and application teams to understand requirements and develop platform features to enable their climate efforts.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional (e.g., Software Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience), cross-business areas (e.g., Search, Maps, Google Cloud, etc.) to design, develop, and launch weather/climate product offerings for Google users.