Senior Recruitment Officer
- Post Date:December 18, 2022
- Views 26
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HRM/MRMO 110-22Location Balkh
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Senior Recruitment officer is part of HR team who is directly reporting to HR Manager. The incumbent ensures and/facilitate fair, transparent, and timely recruitments of staff according to SCA’s HR Policy. She Coordinate the recruitment process with relevant units to make sure the panel members are informed and present on due time, so that the recruitment is done according to plan. The officer is mandated to ensure all recruitment procedures are transparent and SCA policy, guidelines and procedures are accurately followed-up. delivery of an effective HR function will play a key role in the SCA programmes in ensuring consistent, efficient, and transparent recruitment processes established across the office.
- Liaise (communicate, coordinate) with all units on recruitment needs and provide recruitment training based on need.
- Ensure adverts for websites, newspapers, and emails are attractive and well circulated and posted on notice boards.
- Plan recruitment exercises (activities), panelists and train line managers to prepare job descriptions and job requisitions in good time to replace positions or fill the new post.
- Provide Health and Safety information to staff and work with Health Committee in providing assistance to staff with chronic cases
- Manage team to track email and paper applications, long listing candidates, conduct written tests, and provide recruitment panel with shortlisting tool.
- Ensure procedures are in line with policy guidelines and Employee Committees are oriented on their role and responsibilities being panel member.
- Participate in relevant interviews or assign appropriate HR person.
- Responsible to manage recruitments of RMO up to D3 in accordance with HR procedure and make sure that all processes are completed before the file is handed over to the contract management/data management section.
- Make sure the medical check-ups and reference checks of new employees are done and checked by relevant authorized staff/committee before the offer is sent
- Prepare panel recommendation summary for approval of Admin Director and develop other documents/reports as required.
- Prepare offer letters (conditional and full offer for the successful candidate); notify runner up, unsuccessful candidates; negotiate salary and agree on a start date with the successful candidate
- Have reference checks for all new staff and files opened
- Maintain a weekly tracker of recruitments and report monthly on progress and challenges to the line manager
- Manage personal work in an efficient manner and the performance of direct reports to ensure teamwork and even distribution of responsibilities
- Complying with and promoting all SCA policies and code of conduct.
- Conduct any other task(s) within the field of competency delegated by the line manager
- HR Senior Officer manages the health committing meeting and chronic Health cases at the RMOs level.
- Report any problem or favouritism of panel members to the head of office and HR Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience especially within an NGO, UN agency or similar organization in the field of Human resources.
- Computer skills including MS Office package.
- Strong understanding of Afghanistan labor law
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical, and decision making
- Honest, initiative-taking, and well-mannered.
- Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in planning, reporting, and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to the SCA environment.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.