Senior Purchase Officer
- Post Date:October 12, 2022
- Views 69
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Vacancy#:389Location Kabul
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
The incumbent will be responsible for purchasing the required materials within the time frame specified and in accordance with institutional policies. He or she will be tasked with evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts, and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, the incumbent must have a strong understanding of market research as well as strong analytical skills to ensure that he/she is identifying the most profitable offers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Purchase various general items based on the approved request (Stock Purchase Requisition (SPR) and Purchase Requisition (PR)) as per the stipulated deadline.
- In case of purchasing non-recurring and high value items (more than AFN 12.5K) obtain minimum three best quotations after doing an extensive market research and get it approved by the supervisor and concerned department heads before placing the order.
- Prepare all the purchase orders and maintain the record.
- Coordinate with finance and ensure the timely payment to all the supplies.
- Prepare the quarterly reports on purchases and submit it to the immediate supervisor.
- Clear all the advances taken for international procurements within the stipulated deadline.
- Prepare the monthly/annually contracts with suppliers for regular supplies and consumables.
- Carry-out market surveys and market intelligence studies to recommend effective purchasing decisions and resolve day to day supply chain issues.
- Assist supervisor in overall tasks related to purchase department.
- Carryout any other tasks as and when assigned by supervisor/department head.
- Prepare weekly report on the outstanding requisition and submit to immediate supervisor for review and instruction.
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy. An additional degree in Business Administration will be an asset.
- Good knowledge about procurement and hospital supplies.
- Adequate information about markets and product knowledge to be procured
- Good negotiation, communication, interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to work under difficult working conditions.
- Good computer skills, especially MS Office.
Please send your resume along with relevant degree at [email protected] and mark the subject with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be notified.