Senior Provincial Manager
- Post Date:December 10, 2022
- Views 24
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number R2562Location Parwan
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
The Sr. Provincial Manager oversees the technical and operational management of the AFIAT project team implementing activities in one province in Afghanistan. The AFIAT activities have a primary focus on improvement of quality of care; increasing access to quality care at community, primary and secondary level; improving awareness and adoption of healthy behaviours; and provincial health systems strengthening. The Provincial Manageris reponslible for working with BPHS/EPHS implementer organizations to assess the reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, adolescent health, nutrtion, and TB (RMNCAH/N/TB) situation of the province, develop a workplan, supervise the implemention of the workplan, and document results. S/he represents the AFIAT to provincial authorities. In collaboration with other relevant partners, the Sr. Provincial Manager participates in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening provincial level interventions, ensuring the quality of care, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision. S/he provides effective supervision and mentoring to AFIAT provincial staff, monitors and documents progress of activities toward achieving project results against the approved work plan and participates in the development of regular quarterly and semi-annual reports on work plan activities for submission to the donor. The Snr Provincial Manager is also expected to draft regular activity progress reports and to and to meet results and budget targets.
- Oversees the technical and operational management of provincial -level activities.
- Leads teams with members from both within MSH and outside to ensure project objectives are reached even if team members are not the project’s direct reports.
- Supervises and monitors provincial activities and processes to ensure continuous support to the provision of quality health care in primary and secondary health facilities, and at community level by Sehatmandi contractors..
- Supports the operations of provincial teams, including the provision of surge technical assistance as needed.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of provincial plans.
- Oversee data collection and project monitoring to track progress, review finances, and coordinate staffing and relevant supervision for staff and material support related to the project.
- Writes technical reports as required and edits and provides comments on reports generated by technical staffs.
- Represent the project at various technical meetings with other cooperating agencies, collaborating partners, senior government officials and/or donor agencies.
- Collaborates with , Sehatmandi contractors and local partners to assure that effective and efficient health systems are in place.
- Participates in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening regional and provincial level interventions, for ensuring the quality of care provided, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with relevant team members and partners. Develop and implement appropriate training and supervision programs.
- Monitors and documents progress of activities toward achieving results of program activities against the approved work plan, by taking baseline and periodic measurements of indicators.
- Participates in the development of regular quarterly and semi-annual reports on work plan activities for submission to the donor. The Snr Provincial Manager is also expected to draft regular activity progress reports, closely monitor activities assigned to them and to meet results and budget targets.
- Fulfill any other tasks requested by the supervisor and pertinent with the general scope of work of the position.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant public health discipline plus seven (7) years of extensive experience in managing health programs.
- Master’s degree in management and business or in public health, or a medical degree is preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Seven (7) years of experience working in the implementation of health programs, preferably BPHS/EPHS or other similar areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience supervising technical and management teams in health programs.
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a range of counterparts at the national level and provincial level in a way that leads to technically sound and productive healthcare interventions.
- Experience and knowledge of limitations of healthcare systems to deliver quality health services in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Fluency in English is required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) – this includes data analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a complex and rapidly changing environment, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be willing to travel within the country, as appropriate and allowed.
- Experience in managing financial and operations/staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in local languages and English. Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.