Senior Project Manager
- Post Date:August 31, 2022
- Apply Before: October 6, 2022
- Views 41
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Male
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Herat
About Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe, Afghanistan
“Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” is a German non-governmental charity-organization duly registered with the courts of law in Germany and in several host countries, such as Afghanistan and Iran. Help was founded in 1981 by concerned Members of Parliament of all parties represented in the German Parliament. We started providing humanitarian assistance for Afghan refugees in Pakistan and Iran, and soon extended to development-oriented activities. We provide aid and development-support regardless of race, creed or nationality. Priorities are set on the basis of need and upon the request from partners and vulnerable communities to cooperate fairly and transparently.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Project Manager will ensure that the most appropriate and relevant methods are used for successful project implementation. He is responsible for coordination, reporting and communication with relevant communities and project stakeholders. He will work with the Program team of Help in Herat and is mandated to travel to 3 target provinces whenever needed. He is responsible for planning and overseeing project to ensure project implementation on time and on budget.
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
- Supervision, monitoring, management, and administration of the livelihood-related Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) project in the four provinces of Herat, Badghis, Farah, and Ghor;
- Ensure proper start-up of projects: on-time staff recruitment and project procurement.
- Coordinate the project with stakeholders such as UNICEF, WFP, OSSA, RSDO, and relevant governmental offices in the provinces of Herat, Farah, Badghis, and Ghor.
- Managing the implementation of the required deliverables.
- Collaborate with the relevant departments to develop the project visibility plan, MEAL plan, implementation plan, and procurement plan.
- Follow up on the project’s MEAL findings with relevant staff to ensure they are taken into account.
- Actively participate in all project-related meetings, as well as any additional meetings requested by the country director.
- Addressing the challenges and problems that arise during the project’s implementation in a timely and appropriate manner, taking into account the context and urgency of the situation.
- Providing weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, intermediate, and final project reports to all key stakeholders in a timely manner using their templates.
- Provide appropriate training to project key staff based on findings during project implementation.
- Responding to all official letters relating to the TVET initiative received from stakeholders.
- Ensure that the project’s MoUs and TVET license are up to date, and if an extension is required, follow up with the relevant government departments (ministry of economics and ministry of labor and social affairs).
- Ensure that donor requests, such as project visibility, policies, and standards, are followed during project implementation.
- Conduct regular weekly meetings with key staff and local partners (OSAA & RSDO).
- Ensure project activities are in compliance with the donors and the Government of Afghanistan’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure the quality of training materials is based on standards and purchase requisition forms through a systematic procedure (PRFs).
- Collaborating with the finance manager on timely submission of project fund requests and project liquidations to donors.
- Reviewing and assessing the project’s monthly financial status report to ensure that budget lines are being used effectively and that no budget lines are being over or under-spent.
- Coordinate closely with the Program Manager, Finance, and Procurement Department to ensure timely sourcing and delivery of budgeted goods/line items.
- As requested, provide detailed variance explanations for any under/overspend.
- Manage projects’ funds and ensure efficient utilization of funds for maximum impact and ensure proper coding and budget availability of all project expenses.
- Submit on-time monthly cash requests for project operations.
- Ensure project documents are finalized and filed as part of the due diligence process and record retention requirements.
- Ensure that grant and financial rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the project staffs understand the project scope of work and are supported to deliver high-quality results.
- Conduct personnel appraisal and support on a regular basis (staff agreement, reviews, LDR, timesheet, etc)
- Provide support and on-the-job training for all the project staff.
M&E and Reporting
- In coordination with the M&E unit, ensure that the M&E system is implemented and adhered to enable evidence of impact data to be captured.
- Ensure that the project ITT is updated on monthly basis.
- Support beneficiary verification and PDMs in coordination with the M&E unit.
- Prepare required monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports by the donor, Afghanistan government, and Help National Office.
- Ensure that the project team provides an on-time, weekly movement plan to the Security Department.
- Coordinate with Security Department and regularly monitor the security environment in project locations.
- Adhere to Help’s Child Protection, Code of Conducts and other relevant policies.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
Minimum education, training, and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
Minimum education and skills required for this position:
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Management, economics, and another relevant field.
- Strong understanding of development methodologies
- Understanding of protection principles and child rights
- Strong report writing and monitoring skills
- Strong skills in oral and written English, Dari / Pashto.
Minimum work experience required for this position:
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar field with NGOs
- Interpersonal, management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office and statistical programs
- Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Educational degrees/certificates and skills preferred for this position:
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Understanding of gender programming
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
The position is based in Herat with field travel to project sites and occasional travel for liaison and coordination purposes with relevant Ministries in Kabul. The successful candidate will receive a comprehensive orientation to the role and operating environment.
Please send your CVs and applications electronically through [email protected] and write the title of the job and vacancy number on the subject line of your emails.
Related Jobs (5)
بست سوم – ویدیو ادیتـــور، موشن گرافیک دیزاینر – وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ on September 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job