Senior Market Development Officer
- Post Date:October 26, 2022
- Views 67
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
S/he will be the technical lead of markets and value chain development components. S/he will develop and promote an inclusive market development approach in IR Afghanistan programmes. S/he will conduct value chain analysis of selected crops/products and will provide technical support to the implementation to promote inclusive market development by engaging private sectors, market actors, and producers. S/he will also provide technical support on entrepreneurship development and private sector engagement. S/he will build networks and partnerships with private sectors/companies, business associations, and other relevant stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategy, guidelines, plan, tools on market development and entrepreneurship promotion interventions
- Provide overall strategic and operational directions on market development and entrepreneurship promotion interventions within IRA.
- Monitoring and quality assuring all interventions on market development and entrepreneurship promotion.
- Identify new opportunities on market development and entrepreneurship promotion and introduce within the programming.
- Carry out market surveys to identify new market opportunities for right-holders.
- Identify challenges for right-holders in adopting new opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Develop concept notes, proposals for fundraising.
- Conduct the stakeholder analysis of the selected market systems as well as identifying and contacting potential agents of change and establish formal collaboration/partnership with them through MoU/agreement.
- Initiate and manage all market development related value chain analysis ensuring study designs, contracting and implementation are done in accordance to set standards.
- Arrange capacity building training/orientation/workshop for the staff and other stakeholders.
- Prepare quality reports and documentation for the relevant projects.
- Providing technical and backstopping support to the project team through regular field visit, mentoring, and hands-on support.
- Develop and maintain good relations with chambers of commerce, private sectors, market actors and other market related organizations.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line supervisor
- Bachelor of Business Administration or relevant field.
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience in market development.
- Technical experience in market and value chain development programs with international NGOs.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial, and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, and other program stakeholders.
- Experience on project concept note and proposal development.
- Quality report writing and documentation skill.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, and respect others’ views and perspectives.
- Effective supervision and performance management skills.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Strong project management, planning, and budgeting skills.
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills.
- Proficiency in English and local languages.
Interested and qualified national female candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 05 September 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.