Senior Manager, Public Policy & Philanthropy (ANZ)
- Post Date:June 21, 2022
- Apply Before: August 24, 2022
- Views 29
- Experience 8 Years +Gender BothIndustry Management
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Location Sydney, Australia
Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. Public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services now arise in regulatory bodies and legislatures around the world. This will be your opportunity to be part of this conversation and actively assist in the development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues.
As the Twitter Head of Public Policy for Australia and New Zealand, this will be your opportunity to actively assist in the development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology.
- Lead and manage Twitter’s Public Policy team in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
- Act as an ambassador for Twitter to elected officials, government agencies, ministers, as well as civil society entities and academic leaders engaged in policy making issues of importance to Twitter and our users.
- Represent Twitter at high tech industry gatherings, trade associations and coalition meetings, speak publicly on policy panels, events, conferences.
- Meet with key government, political, and media representatives to educate them about Twitter and seek to advance and inform policy outcomes beneficial to Twitter and the people who use the service.
- Oversee management and achievement of ANZ objectives for Public Policy initiatives, our civic partnership and innovations (including @TwitterGov activities), and coordination of our #TwitterForGood philanthropy and CSR work across ANZ.
- Monitor and analyse public policy issues of importance to Twitter and our users in ANZ; Conduct research into technology policy issues; produce briefs
- Provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems, and escalating to internal colleagues as needed.
- Advise and update Twitter Leadership and other Twitter teams/functions on legal and regulatory developments and strategic public policy matters.
- Offer counsel and co-develop strategies for internal teams on stakeholder engagement, crisis management, solving problems across key public policy issues that impact Twitter.
- Maintain and develop a strong network of third-party public interest groups, industry associations and academics engaged in technology policy issues
- Closely partner with internal business partners teams to ensure we have visibility across business units and offer consistent guidance on key areas that cross the organisation.
- Lead and supervise public policy team members as required.
Success in this role looks like this:
- Effectively communicate, discuss and advise policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter mission, objectives and the Open Internet, while building strong, respectful relationships. You will have maintained and forged alliances and partnerships that allow Twitter to serve its mission. You will have helped to elevate Twitter’s public policy brand among key audiences to a high level. In doing so, you will have demonstrated personal initiative, comprehension, judgment, fortitude, and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
- University degree; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years dedicated professional experience with government, politics and technology policy; or related civil society experience and leadership with deep knowledge across all such disciplines.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, reasonable fluency in social media and high technology combined with a passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better.
- Understanding of laws and regulations important to Twitter and our users in Australia and New Zealand.
- Deep experience working across multiple functions, influencing, and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs and initiatives; history of successful cross-functional team and leadership collaboration.
- Knowledge of the geopolitics of the region (APAC), especially as it pertains to technology policy is welcomed.
- Proven track record managing major projects and civil society engagement.
- Calm, composed leadership skills navigating complex issues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Related Jobs (18)
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students 2022 on June 23, 2022 Scholarship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students on June 23, 2022 Fellowship
Senior Manager of Content Acquisition – Samsung TV Plus on June 21, 2022 Full Time Job