Senior Manager of Content Acquisition – Samsung TV Plus
- Post Date:June 21, 2022
- Views 69
- Experience 8 Years +Gender BothIndustry Development
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number R62827
- Location 12130 Millennium Dr., Los Angeles, CA USA
Samsung Electronics America is recruiting for a Senior Manager of Business Development and Content Acquisition based in Los Angeles for Samsung TV Plus. Samsung TV Plus is Samsung’s free ad-supported Smart TV video service that delivers instant access to news, sports, entertainment, music, lifestyle content with no need to download an app, purchase an additional device, or pay for another subscription.
The content acquisition manager will focus on evaluating and licensing content from movie studios, television networks, producers and content licensors for Samsung’s owned and operated channels on TV Plus. The candidate will require a keen understanding and extensive experience negotiating, understanding market pricing and securing content from distributors / creators / publishers / licensors for the FAST/AVOD platform.
S/he will be expected to drive content selections, strategy, pricing, and deal negotiations for Samsung TV Plus in the US and Canada. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker with high attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture.
Role and Responsibilities
- Negotiate Samsung TV Plus licensing and distribution deals for content from broadcast networks, movie studios, and content licensors for Samsung TV Plus.
- Identify and screen content through performance tracking, industry knowledge and insights, and research in an effort to find the most engaging content for Samsung TV Plus users.
- Participate in all aspects of partnership life-cycle (including pitching/prospecting, forecasting, contract drafting, operational management, scheduling launch timing).
- Perform financial and viewership analysis to inform discussions with content partners and make strategic decisions.
- Work in close collaboration with Finance, Legal, Partner Management, Product, Operations, and Marketing teams.
- Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong and verifiable relationships with major studios and content licensors
- Strong understanding of content libraries across a vast array of licensors and content owners, including a deep knowledge of market pricing and content windowing structures
- A strong track record of negotiating high-value deals
- Broad understanding of digital video advertising ecosystem, ad economics, and changing ads business models
- Ability to work independently and pivot decisively and quickly when necessary
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis, and strategic thinking
- Strong project and time management skills
- Domestic and International travel may be required
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or [email protected] for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Related Jobs (27)
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job
Physical Design Engineer( Synthesis , Placement and Routing) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job