Senior Livelihoods & Community Development Officer - (Re-Advertisement)
- Post Date:November 30, 2022
- Views 51
- Career Level OfficerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry AgricultureQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-CO-032-2022Location Kabul
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
S/he will be the technical lead of livelihoods and community development/empowerment components. S/he will design livelihoods and community development approach for IR Afghanistan programs and provide technical guidance and backstopping support to the teams to introduce the approach in the field. S/he will prepare necessary tools, and methods and provide capacity building opportunities including hands-on support to the teams. S/he will be contributing to drafting reports, and documents, and designing concept notes or project proposals. S/he will strengthen networking and partnership with relevant stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical, guidance and capacity building support on livelihood and community development components of the programme against the annual work-plan, targets, and result indicators.
- Support the development of livelihood and community development related components of IRA’s development programmes – including thorough assessment, design, and stakeholder consultation.
- Monitor and review quality of the implementing activities on livelihood and community development, and provide support to the team to minimize the gaps.
- Support to field teams to prepare plans for effective implementation of the livelihoods and community development activities that targets most vulnerable and marginalized groups and increases the resilience of the target rural communities including women affected by disasters and crises.
- Support field staff to identify, prioritize, and set-up approach of livelihood and community development.
- Find effective strategies and interventions that promote the economic and social empowerment of women & youth and other vulnerable community to enable their full and responsible participation.
- Develop tools and guidelines on livelihood and community development programming and introduce these tools in the field.
- Develop concept notes and project proposals on livelihood and community development.
- Collect data/information from field and prepare monthly, interim, final report of projects.
- Manage documentation of case studies, learning, and analysis/assessment related with livelihood and community development.
- Identify innovative interventions and incorporate them into the programming.
- Establish and maintain networking with government bodies, UN agencies, national and international NGOs, private sectors, academia, and other stakeholders at provincial and national levels.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line supervisor.
- University degree (or equivalent relevant experience) preferably in agriculture, economics, business administration, development, social sciences and or related field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in livelihoods and community development interventions.
- Experience in project concept note and proposal development.
- Quality report writing and documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, and respect others’ views and perspectives.
- Effective supervision and performance management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Strong project management, planning, and budgeting skills.
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills.
- Proficiency in English and local languages.
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 06 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.