Senior Finance Manager (Budgeting and Financial planning)
- Post Date:November 6, 2022
- Views 40
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 34768Location Kabul
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
Main Purpose of the Job:
This position will ensure that all grants management financial functions as; financial planning, budgeting, budget monitoring, functionality of BVA system are performed in accordance with IRC policy and donor procedures. Ensure financial information is processed accurately and produced timely for review for management. Internal controls are regularly reviewed/ discussed with the FC with timely update. Staff training needs are timely identified and addressed through training workshops at both country office and field level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
- Budgeting and Financial Planning:
- Assist Finance Coordinator in Preparing, revising, and maintaining both existing grants and grant budget proposals.
- Work with program and supply chain staff in preparing and/or revising grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate grant coverage of country operating costs and headquarters costs.
- Consolidate and update all grant pipeline information from Supply Chain, Program, Grants and Finance departments on a monthly basis and propose and prepare budget revisions as necessary.
- Assists in the preparation, revision, and maintenance of the IRC country office Operating Budget.
- Assisted in Preparation of 1st and 2nd country program financial reforecasts.
- Maintain, update the HR funding matrix, and recommend realignments where necessary.
- Budget Vs Actual
- To prepare and review with the FC the monthly analysis of TR funds against budget/spending projection.
- Review and monitor all Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports in coordination with program and Operations on a monthly basis to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required. This will also entail monitoring the project burn rates, consolidation of spending plan information from programs, finance, operations and make summary presentation in a monthly BVA meeting.
- Review monthly field expense reports Vs budgets and analyzing shared costs versus approved allocations and organizing BVA meetings with field coordinator and field finance managers for the different field sites.
- Review and provide analysis between spending plan projections, actual spending, and procurement plans.
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of finance action points from the BVA meetings.
- Grants Management
- Provide technical support when needed in grant opening, interim, closing and review meetings.
- Analysis of actual vs budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance
- Training and Staff Management:
- Assist in providing training and support for the country office program and operational staff on budget proposals, revisions, pipeline, and spending plan reports.
- Prepare written field trip reports for review by the FC and DDF which identifies key issues during the field trip visits and provide follow-up recommendations for improving control processes or procedures.
To accomplish any other duty assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in, Accounting, Finance; MBA, or certification (CFA or CMA) a plus.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of technical financial management experience.
- At least 3 year directly related experience specifically on financial management of USAID contractual projects.
- In depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations (FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR 200), ECHO, UN, guidelines.
- Experience working with and managing the oversight of multimillion dollar grants.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and ability to find creative solutions.
- Experience in prioritizing projects, meet deadlines, and initiate follow through with meticulous attention to detail and high-level accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple simultaneous tasks and demands.
- Solid analytical capabilities and excellent data presentation skills and strong writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline