Senior Admin Finance Officer
- Post Date:September 3, 2022
- Views 81
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Help-0084Location Herat
About Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe, Afghanistan
“Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” is a German non-governmental charity-organization duly registered with the courts of law in Germany and in several host countries, such as Afghanistan and Iran. Help was founded in 1981 by concerned Members of Parliament of all parties represented in the German Parliament. We started providing humanitarian assistance for Afghan refugees in Pakistan and Iran, and soon extended to development-oriented activities. We provide aid and development-support regardless of race, creed or nationality. Priorities are set on the basis of need and upon the request from partners and vulnerable communities to cooperate fairly and transparently.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Admin Finance Officer is responsible for overseeing and managing the routine financial activities of the finance department of Help Main Office including transaction processing, reconciliation, and monitoring of office financial records. S/he will ensure that financial policies, procedures, and systems are in place, the internal control is robust & effective, and financial resources are properly safeguarded. S/he will also ensure appropriate audit trails are maintained.
Bookkeeping & transaction verification
- Perform secondary finance review & verifications of all transactions before posting.
- Ensure all transactions are properly authorized, tax is accurate & supporting documents are complete.
- Prepare vouchers & record all transactions into the computerized accounting system.
- Check all purchase requests as per budget lines;
- Maintain updated cash book on daily basis.
- Submit Euro, USD & AFN cash books to Finance Manager for review on monthly basis.
- Ensure appropriate entries are passed (adjustment, reversal, correction) and receipts and payments are accurately matched, classified, and reconciled for the audit trail.
- Prepare and submit financial reports; (semi-annual and annual reports to the Afghan Ministry of Economy, monthly, annual and final financial reports to the donor and the project managers and program manager).
Cash flow planning and management
- Assist and work with the project managers and Program Manager to plan and prepare cash flow forecasts on monthly & quarterly basis.
- Observe the cash-carrying limit to project sites as per the policy.
- Ensure cash balance is kept to a low level for security reasons.
Liaison and tax settlement
- Provide orientation & refresher training to project staff – particularly the project managers and officers – regarding financial policies, procedures, internal control and business rules.
- Ensure main office taxes are reconciled and settled on monthly basis.
- Liaise with Government Tax Authorities regarding monthly tax payment and obtain tariff to deposit tax into MoF bank A/C.
- File original tax forms & settlement including communication & correspondences with the tax authorities.
- Tax settlement report is prepared and sent to relevant staff on monthly basis
- Obtain tax settlement confirmation from the tax authorities on annual basis.
- Ensure donor compliance with all transactions made by Help’s partners and sub-offices in the provinces.
Cleaning Accounts & Reconciliation
- Ensure all advance accounts are liquidated with 30 days and followed up with staff
- Review that prepaid and receivable accounts are reconciled on monthly basis.
- Reconcile the soft copies with the hardcopies & ensure no transaction goes missing.
- Document and file all transactions on monthly and project basis.
- Provide assistance during the audit
- Perform any other duties requested by Senior Finance Manager and Program department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
Minimum education and skills required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or any other relevant field.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting.
- Understanding of development and emergency concepts.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong oral and written skills in English, Dari / Pashto.
Minimum work experience required for this position:
- At least 5 years work experience in the similar field
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of advanced excel and accounting software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Educational degrees / certificates, skills and experience preferred for this position:
- Master’s degree in Finance / Accounting.
- 5 years of finance / accounting in international NGOs.
- Familiarity with accounting software.
- Certificate in Finance and Accounting.
- Strong financial analysis skills
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- The position is based in Herat with Frequent Travel to Badghis, Farah & Ghor provinces.
- The successful candidate will receive a comprehensive orientation to the role and operating environment.
Please send your CVs and applications electronically through [email protected] and write title of the job and vacancy number on subject line of your emails.