- Post Date:September 20, 2022
- Apply Before: October 3, 2022
- Views 21
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IDLO/27/22Location Kabul
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
This position reports to the Security Specialist and will primarily conduct field security activities in support of IDLO operations. These will include carrying out Security Risk Assessments, Venue Assessments, briefings and training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will provide technical and administrative support to the operations room/dispatch office and wider security team.
1. Field Security Support
a. Assist in the coordination and planning of field missions.
b. Conduct Security Assessments, within Kabul and in provincial locations.
c. Travel with IDLO staff to provide security support on field missions.
d. Deliver security training and advice to IDLO national and international staff, as directed by the Security Specialist and Security Manager.
e. Work closely with the Field Security Officer responsible for field missions
f. Establish links and Liaise with Afghan national security elements, for problem solving, advice and intelligence
2. Administrative Support to Security Department
a. Provide support for security procurement activities.
b. Assist the Security Specialist in administration of the drivers and dispatch office.
3. Kabul Operations
a. Assist the Security Specialist and Kabul Security Officer in the running of daily security operations.
b. Provide security support for bank runs.
c. Carry out other security related tasks as required by the Security Specialist and Security Manager.
· A strong knowledge of the security situation across Afghanistan.
· Should have the ability to work with National and International staff.
· Should have knowledge of working with DFA and other security forces.
· Be familiar with filing and good office practice.
· Able to confidently deliver security training and develop materials
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office products, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
· Ability to travel around Afghanistan and network with local officials
Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than October 03,2022 to the given email. Please clearly indicate the position name and vacancy number (Security Associate–IDLO/27/2022) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.