Roving Operations & Resilience Supervisor
- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 81
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number CARE-AF-0293Location Kandahar
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions
The incumbent of this position will travel between all Provincial offices and supervise the Operations and Resilience officers (OROs) with Safety, Security, and Access issues. The incumbent of this position will spend his/her time ensuring the oversight of CARE Afghanistan safety, and security protocols and procedures across all the provinces to make sure the SOPs are in place and implemented on the ground, with the possibility of a high percentage of time spent in field program locations and a significant period of time spent visiting community elders and local DFAs as it relates to CARE Afghanistan’s programs.
Supporting the OROs in risk assessments as required, providing routine reports either through regular reporting lines to the Operations and Resilience Manager (ORM), and the Operations and Resilience Adviser (ORA) in Kabul.
- Planning and Preparation:
The Roving Operation and Resilience Supervisor will be responsible for:
- The Roving Operation and Resilience Supervisor will supervise and coordinate and ensure the quality of the Safety, Security, and Access across all Provincial Offices.
- Monitoring the security environment in CARE program field operational areas, contributing on updating and detailing risk assessments as required.
- Providing routine reports through regular reporting lines to the ORM/ORA in Kabul / CARMU where required.
- Support the development of a safety and security culture.
- Accompany OROs on any access challenges on needed bases to interact with the key Community elders and local DFA to ensure that the CARE projects and programs are running well enhance the coordination mechanism and be proactive to avoid any issues on the ground.
- The Roving Supervisor will act as a liaison between Provincial offices, CO, and all CARMU.
- Supervise relevant ORO/ staff on assigned tasks, providing coaching, recognition, and discipline within the approved empowerment range.
- Conduct planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Ensure Safety and Security training is being conducted.
- Ensure drills and staff readiness training are conducted.
- Procedures and Protocols:
The Roving Operation and Resilience Supervisor will manage the implementation of country office CARMU SOPs across the CAFG targeting provinces and provide the following services:
- Maintain high levels of oversight and inspection of provincial offices’ Safety & security issues.
- Maintain Field security information trees
- Monitor SOPs, supporting the development of new procedures to match security challenges and operational realities as they present in all provincial offices.
- Attend local community & DFA meetings when required to support the Provincial Managers and the OROs.
- Document any security concerns or needs for submission to ORM or other CARMU Management members.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the security unit.
- Conducts investigations of potential security concerns or unsafe acts.
- Control and monitor deficiencies and needs of provincial offices.
- Monitors and maintains proper operation of all safety and security devices in provincial offices.
- Conduct routine inspections of key assets and locations within the facilities through roving patrols, both in provincial and CO.
- Appropriately document any significant security and safety incidents and on a timely manner Report and liaise the pertinent issue to the ORM.
- Provides support to all Operation Resilience Officers and other CARMU members as per need.
- Act in a Crisis:
The Roving Operation and Resilience Supervisor is required to be the first responder for any field location security incident involving CARE staff or assets in their operational areas.
- Other Responsibilities and Key Results Expected:
- Support the ORM with the preparation of situational analysis, briefing materials, and contingency response advice.
- Investigate and follow up on security incidents where CARE staff or assets are involved.
- Monitor the attendance records of all provincial OROs, review, and approve their PARs.
- Act as an ORO and undertake their responsibilities on the ground in their absence.
- Collect and compile security incident reports of all offices and report to ORM.
- Report any security incidents or issues concerning CARE domestic facilities immediately to the ORM and ORA and suggest solutions to problems
- Make sure all OROs performance is in accordance to CARE safety and security polices/procedures and code of conduct
- Create an environment of learning for the OROs, assist and orient them promoting their knowledge of basic position relevant incumbents that includes SOP, post order, contingencies and etc.
- Supervise and evaluate frequently the OROs and reports if problems are identified.
- Report critical security issues to ORM/ORA and the mission Senior Management Team immediately after receiving information.
- Any other tasks assigned by the CARMU Senior Management.
Reports to Operations and Resilience Manager.
Coordinate with OROs and DORMs
Communicate OROs, Provincial Heads, ORA
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Professionalism, Work Ethic, Integrity, Leadership,
Good understanding of the Safety and Security context in Afghanistan, Willingness and ability to travel inside/outside of Afghanistan, Good human relation skills, sense of humor, Respectful of all staff.
Skills and Experience:
A minimum of 3 years of practical safety and security or risk management experience.
Proven experience in complex environments in a similar position with a UN/NGO is an advantage
Excellent communication skills, able to speak clearly and calmly in any given situation.
University graduate. A diploma in the safety and security field is an advantage.
Fluent in English,
Fluent in either Pashtu, or Dari. Both is an advantage.
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to [email protected] before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Roving Operations & Resilience Supervisor CARE-AF-0293) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)