- Post Date:September 5, 2022
- Views 80
- Career Level OfficerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Reducing the Impact of Insecurity on Afghanistan’s Legal System (RIIALS) program is a multi-year, research and development project. Under the RIIALS program, IDLO aims to build on IDLO’s existing efforts to assist justice service providers such as civil society organizations, legal practitioners, and customary and informal justice actors to help them gain a better understanding of the risks they face when providing justice services and develop appropriate responses. The project will include providing partner institutions with assistance to improve their policies and procedures, and to pilot new interventions. The project aims to: 1) Ensure civil society organizations and other non-state actors in the justice sector understand the impact of contextual insecurity on the provision of justice services; and 2) help ensure non-state justice service providers are prepared to mitigate the effects of insecurity and disruptive events.
Reporting to the Project Team Manager (PTM), and in close collaboration with the IDLO Monitoring and Reporting (M&R) team, the RIIALS Research Expert will support the development of a research and analysis reference tool and develop and deliver research trainings and workshops in line with IDLO standards and methodology.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Consultant will perform the following duties:
· Develop a research methodology reference guide in English for RIIALS stakeholders consisting of guidance on data collection, validation, analysis, and dissemination. Integrate information, revisions, and feedback from multiple sources.
· Supervise the translation of the research methodology reference guide from English to Dari and Pashto.
· Develop curricula and other training materials on data collection, validation, analysis and dissemination that align with IDLO standards and methodology.
· Deliver trainings and workshops on effective use of research methodology documents in line with IDLO methodology.
· Translate methodology reference guide into PowerPoint presentations and other active learning materials.
· Provide coaching and mentoring to build the capacity of relevant staff to collect data and draft thorough activity and incident reports.
· Produce research work plans, schedules, and timelines consistent with project objectives, ensure adherence to research design, data management, and research protocols.
· Contribute to the writing of reports, white papers, and other published documents.
· Contribute to the development of a research methodology for the Justice Sector Context Assessment.
· Recommend changes and improvements to reporting documents as needed.
· Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
· Master’s Degree in Research, Statistics, or related field.
· At least eight (8) years of relevant experience. Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
· Experience independently managing research projects, collecting, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
· Familiarity with quantitative data analysis (i.e., using software to calculate descriptive statistics; regression analysis).
· Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari.
· Strong problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
· Ability to research, analyse, and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information from databases and clearly and concisely prepare results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of data analysis software such as SPSS.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
· Ability to develop solid relationships with key stakeholders and build productive partnerships.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Familiarity with decentralization and local governance processes, systems and structures.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than September 18,2022 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position name and vacancy number (Research Expert–IDLO/23/2022) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!