Research & Data Analyst
- Post Date:October 19, 2022
- Views 49
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number FMFB-HR-0105-2022Location Kabul
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The incumbent is responsible for conducting/guiding market research, client needs assessments (including customer satisfaction surveys, quality of life assessments etc.) and analysis to drive product and service innovation in The First MicroFinanceBank,
The incumbent responsibilities shall also include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and to develop required tools, analysis and reporting capabilities. Under this position the incumbent will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for execution of research projects, which includes, demand surveys, customer satisfaction, customer drop out, quality of life and dipstick survey through conducting qualitative, quantitative analysis, and Focus Group Interviews.
- Responsible for creating appropriate documentation to support effective requirements definition, including charts, graphs, and logic model diagrams as needed.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Conduct branch visit, compile inputs/ feedback retailing staff and customers to improve service delivery.
- Oversee the pilot review of newly launched product and recommend define the illustrate product rollout plan.
- Conduct product post launch analysis including product performance report.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, economics, finance, research or related fields.
- Previous experience in analytical skill, accountancy and conducting research and data analysis will be an added- value.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in regulated financial institutions and research consultancy fields.
- Successful experience in implementation of extensive research project.
- Proven expertise in field of accountancy and research.
- Ability to work in a team and under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel in Afghanistan.
- Training and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze risks and formalize procedures.
- Fluency in English.
- Good knowledge of the Afghan financial services and economy sector would be an asset.
- Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email ([email protected]).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID and the location of position as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.