- Post Date:September 16, 2022
- Views 63
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry Media and NewsQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1507Location Kabul
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research.
MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
Reports on current events at the local, state, and/or national & international levels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Gathers information and facts; develops stories; writes articles.
• Investigates, observes and conducts interviews to gather information for articles.
• Reports on current events at the local, state, and/or national & international levels.
• Writes articles and headlines; prepares copy for publication.
• May take photographs or video footage of objects or places of significance.
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding the story through interviews, observation, and research
• Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Monitor police and fire department radio communications to obtain story leads
• Edit, or assist in editing, videos for broadcast
• Appear on television programs when conducting taped or filmed interviews or narration
• Give live reports from the site of the event or mobile broadcast unit
• Transmit information to news writer for story writing
• Specialize in one type of reporting, such as sports, fires, accidents, political affairs, court trials, or police activities
• May be assigned to outlying areas or foreign countries and be designated correspondent or foreign correspondent
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school graduate, diploma, Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, Dari or Pashto literature, or related field required.
• One year of relevant experience, reporting experience preferred.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent research skills.
• Ability to conduct interviews and gather information.
• Excellent typing skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar software.
• Proficient with desktop publishing software.
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.