Regional Senior Officer, EI (Employable Skills)
- Post Date:October 20, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry Finance and EconomicQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/BRO/10/22/091Location Bamyan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing support to Regional Manager, Economic Inclusion in the Regional Office to lead and manage the Regional Economic Inclusion. The Regional Senior Officer, EI (Employable Skills) assists in the overall monitoring and evaluation of the program, ensuring that technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Manages interventions and make sure that all findings are communicated to senior management, National Program Office and donors through reports, case studies and periodic reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supervise and instruct Economic Inclusion Area Officers to implement YPO with clear understanding of activities and project goals and objectives.
· Track YPO activities implementation – including budget execution, target achievement and follow up – and report to Economic Inclusion Manger on monthly basis.
· Prepare quality project documents, such as, concept note, contract, MoU, ToR and work plan.
· Coordinate, facilitate, manage and follow up events and interventions conducted to link VT participants to VT providers and labor market.
· Maintain relationship and close contact with the relevant government agencies as key stakeholders of VT program.
· Coordinate field visits related to VT component and done by NPO team, donors’ delegations and other partners/ stakeholders.
· Regularly monitor ongoing projects through field visits to ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Economic Inclusion YPO (Yearly Plan of Operation) and PIP (Project Implementation Plan).
· Coordinate and facilitate assessments, case studies and evaluations conducted by MERL and/or external consultants.
· Assist Regional Knowledge Management Senior Officer in preparing reports asked by donor, NPO, Regional Office and local government agencies.
· Assist Economic Inclusion Manager/ Knowledge Management Senior Officer to improve Economic Inclusion program implantation with quality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
· Track and follow-up budget utilization in monthly basis to ensure efficient utilization of the resources and take immediate actions in case of under-spending or over-spending.
· Support Area Officers to collect accurate and valid data from the field, to ensure that required data and information is collected, analysed and available for donor reporting / program annual and quarterly reports and project reviews.
· Collect, check, edit and archive success stories, quotes and photos of projects and beneficiaries written and sent by Area Officers.
· Follow up the inter-sectorial integration plan in close coordination with other AKF sectors in district and regional levels, to improve projects outcomes and results.
· Review, edit and develop curriculum/ manuals for capacity building trainings to ensure that trainings’ curriculum and manuals are effective and understandable for participants.
· Setting criteria for beneficiary selection, based on projects objectives and requirements to maximize the program’s outcome.
· Contribute to YPO development by providing reliable and up-to-date information and inputs.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate with operation deportment to ensure the activities in the field are supported accordingly.
· Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
· Make Employable Skills related program routine decisions.
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, Rural Development, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized institution.
· At least 4 years work experience in Employable Skill Development related field with national and international organizations.
· Advanced level of English language – written and verbal – and good report writing skills in English and one of national/ local languages.
· Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
· Good communication, problem solving, supervision and managerial skills.
· To be a good team member.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
· Attention to details.
· Communication skills, Community mobilization skills.
· Accountability, Attitude toward honesty.
· Writing, Reading and Accurate Listening Skills.
· Creativity, Leadership, Sense of timing.
· Environmental & Community awareness.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 30th Oct 2022.
· Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
· No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
· Salary scale: according to organization salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.