Regional/ District Officer, EI (Economic Inclusion)
- Post Date:October 9, 2022
- Views 66
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Finance and EconomicQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 5Vacancy Number NR/BAG/10/22/015Location Samangan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing support to regional manager EI, to implement the FCDO project activities/ program operation activities in the area in Baghlan and Samangan provinces, with close coordination of program stockholders and partnership of the AKF other sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support regional manager EI, for implementation of EI activities MSME activities in the program area in line with the YPO 2022.
2. Explore enterprise / MSME opportunities that contribute to the creation of employment and income for the people at the area/district level.
3. Support women and men-led micro-enterprises/ MSME through the provision of simple equipment (value chain product) and financial and technical support.
7. Providing result – oriented report, success stories and lesson learned from the FCDO project beneficiaries in target districts.
8. Coordinate the sector’s office administration activities, procurement of the need- based inputs for target project beneficiaries in the program area.
9. To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To support and facilitate other in value chains and non-value chain activities like, employable skill vocational trainings, internship, support enterprise groups.
2. Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
1. University degree at least Bachelor in, economic faculty and related field from recognized universities and institutions,
2. At least 3 years working experience in related field with national and international organizations.
3. Good Communication skills with beneficiaries in one of the National Languages (Dari or Pashto) and reporting skills.
4. Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
5. Willingness to live, work and travel in conflict areas.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
1. Attention to details & Technical Skills.
2. Communication skills.
3. Accountability and honesty.
4. Writing, Reading and Accurate Listening Skills.
5. Creativity, Initiative.
6. Good Interpersonal skills, Confident.
7. Integrative ability & Flexibility.
Afghanistan, Baghlan, Samangan
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 16th October 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment (Local residents will be preferred).
• Salary scale: Based on Organization Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.